Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really dirty .... why does it look like it was burned ? Its marked with a red circle. The other end never had a clamp??
Trying to figure out why i have a CEL p0304. Misfire code. It's not an ignition misfire because the car starts up perfectly! Could it a be a lean misfire? Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
If it starts and drives fine I wouldn't get new injectors. The red circle looks like someone broke that piece and glued it. Put on a clamp and send it. Check your plugs and wires.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it starts and drives fine I wouldn't get new injectors. The red circle looks like someone broke that piece and glued it. Put on a clamp and send it. Check your plugs and wires.
It just seems like the rpm goes a little higher than normal....maybe its the o-rings // maybe need some new piston rings? Idk..

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
How's oil consumption, I doubt you need those as well. I've been sent to save you money. A good sense of condition is to always monitor mpg and fluid levels. Vacuum and airflow things like air filter need to be maintained. A small leak and Idle air control can lead to higher idle. Good you noticed, but check the general maintenance things first. The idle can be maintained on a very worn motor, when it can't then check the easy things first. The misfire code indicates an issue which may cause the idle to not be maintained properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts