Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
PSHH
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I have put this way down on my list for so long but now it has come time to make some more additions!:laughing:

So far these are what I have selected:
JL 13w6v2
JL 500/1
JL 300/4
DLS MS6A
2WSS-AS

I chose the sub and amps because they would be available for me to purchase used and I have been reading and seems you can't go wrong with JL subs and amps. Also from these forums I have chosen the ms6a for my components.

I chose 2wss-as a LONG time ago and seems like it has been out-dated. Any recommendations on another alarm with remote start?

Questions:
Since the ms6a comes with two 6.5 and two tweets, do I need another set of components for the rears?

This would be my first sound system ever and I would like to do the work myself. If you could be so kind, please list the wiring and misc that I would need to buy. I will be using the DIY's posted in these forums for all the installation with the help of this thread.

Will I need an upgraded battery? Something like a yellow top?

I need some headunit suggestions. I would love a double din but I am limiting my price range for a HU to <500. DVD doesn't really interest me but nav does. It interest me but it is not THAT important to me so I would be just fine with a single din HU also. I would like the HU to have great SQ, mp3, ipod and maybe even a harddrive.

What are your thoughts?

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
personally I would not run any rear speakers, all they do is detract from proper imaging and SQ suffers. I'd use the 300/4 active on the DLS's

·
PSHH
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright thanks! Know any answers for the rest of the questions? :p

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
I will say not to go with a yellow Top as the Grp 51r unit for the RSX is known to have issues and not last, at least 6 people other than me have had them die right after the warranty expired. Really with the amps you are getting the Big 3 and an upgraded battery over stock should be all you need.

AS for HU's anything in the 5xxx series and up from Kenwood or pioneer should be good and have all the features you need personally I prefer Kenwood over Pioneer as they don't have pioneers infamous rca ground problems.

Wiring is a little more dicey, since I did all my work of bulk spools IDK exact lengths but it also will depend on how you plan to run the system. Ron 1/0 for power then use 4 or 8 gauge to the amps from a distribution block. speaker wire depends on if you run active or not and if you actually run lines for rears. either way 100 ft should be enough. rca's 16-17 footers are enough for anyplace you would put the amps in the hatch.

As for alarm the 2WSS-AS has been changed to the P2WSS-AS pretty much the same unit with a little better range and minor revisions to the system.

·
PSHH
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I will say not to go with a yellow Top as the Grp 51r unit for the RSX is known to have issues and not last, at least 6 people other than me have had them die right after the warranty expired. Really with the amps you are getting the Big 3 and an upgraded battery over stock should be all you need.

AS for HU's anything in the 5xxx series and up from Kenwood or pioneer should be good and have all the features you need personally I prefer Kenwood over Pioneer as they don't have pioneers infamous rca ground problems.

Wiring is a little more dicey, since I did all my work of bulk spools IDK exact lengths but it also will depend on how you plan to run the system. Ron 1/0 for power then use 4 or 8 gauge to the amps from a distribution block. speaker wire depends on if you run active or not and if you actually run lines for rears. either way 100 ft should be enough. rca's 16-17 footers are enough for anyplace you would put the amps in the hatch.

As for alarm the 2WSS-AS has been changed to the P2WSS-AS pretty much the same unit with a little better range and minor revisions to the system.
Thank you very much, you have basically answered everything. :thumbsup:

Hmm where can I find a deal online for P2WSS-AS? What would be a good upgraded battery?

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
Thank you very much, you have basically answered everything. :thumbsup:

Hmm where can I find a deal online for P2WSS-AS? What would be a good upgraded battery?
any group 51r over 450 cca

1 - 7 of 7 Posts