Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was racing the RSX against a turbo beetle S the other night and right at the end of the racing I hear a noise like a chain dropping on the floor and the car shuts off. Is the RSX an interferance motor? I didn't hear any other noises, no metal-metal contact or anything and when I tried to start it, the car turned smooth but just sounded like the chain came off. How hard is it to get the car back to TDC and put on a new chain. Did I bend any valves? Thanx in advance. BTW I smoked the beetle. :D

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
RSXsmnit said:
I was racing the RSX against a turbo beetle S the other night and right at the end of the racing I hear a noise like a chain dropping on the floor and the car shuts off. Is the RSX an interferance motor? I didn't hear any other noises, no metal-metal contact or anything and when I tried to start it, the car turned smooth but just sounded like the chain came off. How hard is it to get the car back to TDC and put on a new chain. Did I bend any valves? Thanx in advance. BTW I smoked the beetle. :D
Yes, there is a big interferance problem with our motor. That is why when over reving during a misshift, the valves float & meet the piston and major internal damage occurs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
found out yesterday that all eight of the valves on the exhaust side are bent. The rockers on the exhaust side are chewed up and the exhaust cam has some cuts in it. The intake side has no damage what so ever. When the cams on the car where both at top dead center the two timing marks on the sides of the cam gears don't line up. If both top marks are up the side ones don't line up, if the two side ones are lined up the two top ones aren't straight up. It's like the timing marks on the exhaust cam where a coupla teeth off. But the way the marks are on the exhaust cam they will never line up right. Any ideas?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts