Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Going to first admit that I don't know much about my RSX, but something just isn't sitting right with what I have been told so far.

I have a 2002 RSX auto base, no mods. When my car is a bit cold, I notice that when I put my foot on the gas, my car seems to hesitate a little before going. And when shifting gears in auto, it somewhat hesitates too. At one time I felt my car should of been in 5th, but when I shifted over into manual, I saw that it was still in 4th. It seems as if I am having some sort of timing issue. After the car has been running for about 20-30 minutes though, I notice the problem less.

I took it to the dealer to have some routine maintenance done (fluids) and to get them to look at the problem. They first told me that it was my "timing sensor" that was causing the check engine light to trigger. Then they came back and said it was my actual "timing sensor" that was bad. At the time I should of asked more specifically what sensor they were talking about because I like to do my own research before committing to anything the dealer tells me. I was talking to a friend who works at a mechanic and when he heard what they told me, he seemed a bit puzzled too.

Has anyone heard of a similar problem, or have an idea what it could be? I have an appointment with another mechanic in a week, and he just called me saying that he looked up my problem, and a new "timing sensor" was going to run me about $500. I told him that I want them to run a diag, but I have a feeling he may say the same thing, and is just throwing a figure in my head to make me comfortable with it. I'm still trying to figure out what timing sensor they are talking about. Any help or insight would be appreciated. :bowdown:

·
Registered
251 Posts
once they replace whatever they gotta replace.

when starting car let it run for 2-3 mins before drivin the hell out of it

·
02 Acura RSX BASE
59 Posts
After researching this on mitchell (everyone knows sucks) It seems the PCM controls the shift point thru an input shaft sensor.(speed sensor)Maybe that is what the service writer wearing the tie behind the counter meant.I could be wrong.GL!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts