Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
own3d y0u
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got a tint ticket two weeks ago and another one last night.

Also, i got another one for seatbelt last nite with the tint ticket! Does anyone know if that's a moving violation in Fairfax, Virginia area?? Hope the judge drops both???!! :run:

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
LOL take the tint off.... Doesn't take 1/2 an idiot to realize if you've gotten 3 tint tickets and a seatbelt ticket you need to take your tint off and buckle up :iptf:

·
Registered
120 Posts
did he use a tint meter to measure the percentage of your tint in your windows? Getting a tint ticket won't take any points off your driving record but will keep costing you until you take them out or get it the legal tint, which is a waste of money.

·
K Krazy
254 Posts
Wow man I feel ya Ive herd crazy stories about VA ther're so anal about that stuff....anyway dude heres an out for you....it might not work but I figured Id tell you about it.....ok heres what you do...Try going to an Optomitirst and tell him that really bright lights give you headaches and ask him to write you a perscription for your tint on your car...Now wheather you actually want to go or not is up to you I just forged a note and the judge baught it but good luck to you my friend.

·
Registered
362 Posts
What % is your tint level?

·
Love ///My new car
2,725 Posts
tint is not a moving violation, I think the seat belt is, or atleast I know they take that more seriously than most non-moving violations if it isn't. Don't count on getting a seatbelt ticket dropped particularly in fairfax county. if you get the tint removed or back down to legal 50F/35B both should be excused if you show its been corrected.

·
own3d y0u
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no just tint i was going 30ish on a 35. its probably because of the way my car looks. The first ticket was measured at 25% the second was 30 i believe it was at night too..

·
own3d y0u
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
tint is not a moving violation, I think the seat belt is, or atleast I know they take that more seriously than most non-moving violations if it isn't. Don't count on getting a seatbelt ticket dropped particularly in fairfax county. if you get the tint removed or back down to legal 50F/35B both should be excused if you show its been corrected.
how do i show its been corrected? picture? or receipt for tint removal?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts