Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
God knows why my other thread didn't work...

The pics really don't do them justice. They are totally black when no light hits them. Everything still illuminates properly, but is a little dim. I will be installing brighter reverse bulbs.

This is where we got'em done...

http://www.jonstintedtails.com

Great turnaround, great customer service, great price. He'll tint them as dark as you want, and the results are simply amazing.

I'll post a couple more pics in a minute...

·
parts selling freak
588 Posts
is that the light tint or what? if you dont mind, what was the price? and where do you get the brighter bulbs?
thanks man :thumbsup:
btw those look sweet.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
whitson01 said:
is that the light tint or what?
This is a medium tint. In direct sunlight, you can still see a little of the original lens color. Whereas the dark tint is pretty much pitch black all the time, this of course means they are tougher to see when illuminated.

whitson01 said:
if you dont mind, what was the price?
I don't know if Jon wants me to post his prices or not. I will say this, my fiance paid a little less than $120 total. That $120 includes shipping and packaging costs to Jon, the tinting process, and return shipping back to me. For less than $120, IMO, you can't go wrong. Only thing is, you'll be without tails for a week or so. I owe tvmIIrsxs2002 a great debt of gratitude as he lent my fiance a set of tails to use while the others were out.

whitson01 said:
where do you get the brighter bulbs?
Pretty much any place that deals car audio, mobile electronics, or just a parts store in general should have various bulbs in various wattages.

whitson01 said:
btw those look sweet.
Why thank you 3 :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
idriveanrsx said:
IMO i don't think they look good...if you like it then that is all that matters
Thanx for being polite :) That so rare these days :) To each his own I suppose, I can't expect everyone to like them. I just wish you could see'em up close, you may change your mind ;)

I just didn't want to do Altezzas, or red outs. They've both been done before and like you said, it is something different that definitely makes her car stand out from the pack :)

Oh, BTW...

"...I don't have to spank my kids, I find that waving the gun around gets the same job done..." - Denis Leary

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
JM1681 said:
This is a medium tint. In direct sunlight, you can still see a little of the original lens color. Whereas the dark tint is pretty much pitch black all the time, this of course means they are tougher to see when illuminated.

I don't know if Jon wants me to post his prices or not. I will say this, my fiance paid a little less than $120 total. That $120 includes shipping and packaging costs to Jon, the tinting process, and return shipping back to me. For less than $120, IMO, you can't go wrong. Only thing is, you'll be without tails for a week or so. I owe tvmIIrsxs2002 a great debt of gratitude as he lent my fiance a set of tails to use while the others were out.

Pretty much any place that deals car audio, mobile electronics, or just a parts store in general should have various bulbs in various wattages.

Why thank you 3 :D

i'd of done it for a lot less than that......i can get the crap to tint them with for about $5....
looks alright. not a fan of tinted tails really though.

·
the anti type-r spoiler
577 Posts
i like it.

red tailights look best on red, white, and especially black cars. silver is at the bottom and i could how well this would look with a silver/black colorschemed rsx; cf hood, jdm lights, tinted rear windows, tinted tailights :thumbsup

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.