Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Nike Freak
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some tires and noticed one tire had some damage (torn rubber showing some treading) on the inner wall that wraps around the rim.

Is this a problem?
Is it still safe to use?
Will the local tire shops still mount it knowing this? I need to know asap. Thanks guys!

Here are the pics:

·
take off eh
52,723 Posts
you bought them used im guessing??

as long as the tires seat properly on the rims, the bead is not gashed, and no steel belts are broken, they should be fine.

it looks to me like someone had a fun time taking them off :rolleyes:

·
Nike Freak
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i bought them used. It looks like a hack job whoever dismounted them. Is this normal when tire shops dismount tires??

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
it's not normal at any of the good places around where i am. but if you go to some shitty shop that doesn't give a shit and just want to rip the tire off in two seconds and be done with it, shit like this happens. throw it on the rim and hope it holds air. if it doesn't try some fix a flat and hope tat works.

·
Registered
269 Posts
its a bead tear and anyone will take ur money and mount it.....now if it hold air thats a different story. it might not seal properly and fix-a-flat wont fix shit....happens when tires are installed or removed improperly bro

1 - 9 of 9 Posts