Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys does a car have to be on an even, flat level when checking tire pressure, or is it independent of the weight distribution?

It's just that I don't have an even driveway (live on a hill), so I am wondering if I can trust the gauge readings.

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
From my little work experience at Sears auto center I remember hearing it should be on as level ground as possible. I might be mistaken, though.

·
Registered
318 Posts
From my little work experience at Sears auto center I remember hearing it should be on as level ground as possible. I might be mistaken, though.
I'm going with that he said^
should be on flat level land from what I know

·
The Vapor Unit
840 Posts
I would say pretty even, as long as the hill is flat so that no tires are on a big bumps I would say safe but who knows.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm that was my thinking but a guy on a different forum said:
"Maybe this will help. I was checking the air in my tires today and just did a test for you. I set the front tires on my Silverado at 45psi this morning using an Accutire MS-5510B tire gauge.
I went out, jacked one tire up, and checked it again and got 45.2psi The sun is currently shining on the tires when it wasn't this morning so I think thats where the extra .2psi came from.
Either way I basically got the same reading with/without load so it shouldn't matter how its parked."

·
Registered
135 Posts
its not going to make a huge difference if you can't get to a level surface. But, a good solution is to take a jack, and jack one tire up then fill.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.