Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Acura RSX Type S
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 32,000 on my Type-S, same stock tire, never been remove for anything. recently I start to notice a little subtle wobbling noise when i go about 40MPH on flat road.

From experience of having old cars in the past I know when a tire gets worn off becomes thinner and sometimes a "lump" on a tire can develop overtime thus makes this wobbling noise. This doesn't happen all the time but such thing exist. I was going to put all new tires on by this summer / fall. I hope it's not something else since I never hit any potholes or bumps at high speed and my car is doesn't really have any heavy cargo.

Do you guys ever had this problem with your stock Michelin Pilot MXM4 tires?

·
pipes
641 Posts
sounds like possible belt shift of maybe a bubble on the side wall

I would say check your tires for irregularities.... best way is to get them on a balancer so you can see and feel then spin.... g/l

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Check the tread of the tires for any uneven wear... and I don't mean glance at it... get out a penny or something and check for uneven tread wear from side to side and also every 2-5 inches around each side.

You'd be looking for feathering or cupping.

When's the last time they were balanced or rotated?
When's the last time you got an alignment?

·
Registered
2005 Acura RSX Type S
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my passenger rear wheel bearing needed replacing. problem gone.
How many miles did you have when that happened?

I drive 90% highway, so my brakes are still ok. I will take my tires off and look carefully when I get home tonight.

one question though, is it possible to have a small bubble / lump while the tires are balanced? Cause I drive at all speed, I never feel anything imbalance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts