Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if anyone has complaints about the titanium cloth and or leather, and also what people would recomend from personal experience

·
Registered
196 Posts
Buckeye34 said:
I would like to know if anyone has complaints about the titanium cloth and or leather, and also what people would recomend from personal experience
I test drove a few cars with the titanium interior and I find it hideous- the seats look ok but the dash board and trim are the color of a dead mouse.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I have it on a Desert Silver exterior. Leather interior. I like it, it's a nice soft color, doesn't get hot in the sun, it's pretty nice all around.

I like leather, it's smooth, cool, it has lumbar support, easy to wipe up spills if you let people have drinks in your car. Other people like cloth because the cloth holds you in the seat. I wear dress clothes often, and the cloth seats grab the dress clothes and wrinkle them and staticly charge them, so that's another reason why I like leather.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have heard and seen pictures of the leather cracking but all of the pictures i have seen have been of black leather, anyone have this problem with the titanium leather?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I've had my car for two years next month. My leather still looks brand new aside from a couple butt cheek impressions. I have had no problem with the leather and have not once cleaned or maintained it in my two years of ownership.

·
Registered
325 Posts
And..what happens when the seats look like their about to crack, but not yet? And the dealership claims WEAR AND TEAR, so warranty dont cover it..oh yeah, I had the car for 3 days...and no I didn't wear anything that would damage my seats like something sharp or sticking out.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What about cloth, anyone have comments about that? Thanks James S for your help

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Buckeye34 said:
What about cloth, anyone have comments about that? Thanks James S for your help
in not particular order: cloth is cheaper. cloth is not as slippery. cloth won't get "scratched". cloth usually "breathes" better. cloth can be replaced at any time with aftermarket leather upholstery that is sturdier than the OEM leather. cloth has a dumb pattern on it which helps to hide marks/dirt. cloth absorbs odors like cigarette smoke or pets or french fries much more readily than leather does. cloth can get stained by liquids more readily than leather. cloth requires less care than leather. cloth will never impress a woman like leather does.

i think those are all the comments i can think of.

-g

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah thats the one thing about the cloth, that dumb pattern

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
way down the list of things to do, after my cloth upholstery wears out a bit i will replace it with katzkin leather ones, and while i'm at it probably replace a few of the titanium/grey interior plastic parts with black as well, for the hell of it. from all of the problems i've heard from people with leather in the RSX, i'd avoid it unless the dealer was throwing it in for less than 5 or 600 dollars. of course with a type-s it is standard, and if i was getting a new RSX i'd just spend the extra for a type-s unless insurance was going to be ridiculous.

-g

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah insurance is way to high, its like 18 months all wrapped up into 1 year, thats why im getting the base 5 speed, maybe auto. So u recomend the cloth? does it look cheap?

·
Banned
1,018 Posts
Buckeye34 said:
I have the black cloth seats. I only have one complaint. The cloth pops out up near the head rest. not a big problem but it drives me nutZZZZ :finger:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Buckeye34 said:
yeah insurance is way to high, its like 18 months all wrapped up into 1 year, thats why im getting the base 5 speed, maybe auto. So u recomend the cloth? does it look cheap?
go to the dealership. look at the cloth. if you hate it and want leather, get the leather. i personally have no aesthetic problem with it.

LLWRD YES i have the same exact problem and it drives me nuts too. I took the dumb thing apart to try and fix it with no luck whatsoever. oh well, you can't see it if you're sitting in it i guess. :rolleyes:

-g

·
Unlucky
726 Posts
I like the cloth in my car. Still looks good almost 2 years later. I could live without that pattern though, no biggie. Haven't had any problems with it except for it pulling out by the headrest. I got that fixed by the dealer under warranty though.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i dont understand how it comes out, anyone have any pictures?

·
Registered
325 Posts
eww...leathers all the way, but when my leather starts cracking...damn so..it really depends on how you like your interior.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts