Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

221 - 240 of 684 Posts

·
147,303 Posts
Bumblebee now has a friend to play with :)

We have some stuff lined up for it, but just need to save some money for now...then the mods can start :x:

·
I ♥ My DC5.....
1,064 Posts
Nice cars guys, Im thinkin about picking an 04 up for myself.
I'd recommend staying away from the '04's. Too many small things and possibly 1 big problem (tranny). Besides the leather is better in the '05+ but you can add an iPod to the '06's. So personally I would look into an '05 or '06.

·
please... don't stop...
20,252 Posts
I wish I had the type-s .
No you dont... Thats like saying I wish I had the same car and gave away $6k....

I love my 05... With all the shit that I have done to it, I think it makes the Type-S look bad....

·
Omnomin' outta control
21,810 Posts
No you dont... Thats like saying I wish I had the same car and gave away $6k....

I love my 05... With all the shit that I have done to it, I think it makes the Type-S look bad....
Agreed.

Personally I think it takes someone who is illogical to buy a TL-s, they are far to expensive and cant compete with other cars in the same price range.

·
Omnomin' outta control
21,810 Posts
wut's so special about S model? there are a lot on the road in my area now
fancy tail lights, different exhaust, body moldings, altered suspension, cool instrument panel and an immense price increase.

Honestly though, it amazes me that people buy it with it being in a price range comparable to G35s/335's/IS350s/etc. Id understand it if it were awd I guess.

·
Guido Avy
2,805 Posts
fancy tail lights, different exhaust, body moldings, altered suspension, cool instrument panel and an immense price increase.

Honestly though, it amazes me that people buy it with it being in a price range comparable to G35s/335's/IS350s/etc. Id understand it if it were awd I guess.
also a bigger motor

·
Omnomin' outta control
21,810 Posts
also a bigger motor
How big? How much power?

My problem with my tl was that it peeled out everywhere, and really, a luxury sedan should NEVER be fwd. Acura is probably the only manufacturer that solely makes something like it but doesnt have a proper rwd model as well. Lexus has the ES350 which suffers from all the TL's drivetrain issues, but at the same time they have the GS, IS, and LS models- all of which can be had in rwd or awd formats.

221 - 240 of 684 Posts