Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

661 - 680 of 684 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I hear you man! It sounds like you have your priorities straight and that's awesome :thumbsup:

I have two sets of Ichiba V2 spacers on my car; 15mm front and 20mm rear.
Very nice. I wish I could put my wheels on already. But I have so much things I need to do before I can even get them on. I need to get them powder coated, get tires, lower my car... I'm not even close. Haha. Slowly but surely. My lovely wife got me a CAI. Too bad I can't get a by pass valve for it. Oh well. I just need to be super careful.

·
UA6
269 Posts
^So aggressive looking with the A-Spec kit :love

·
Banned
3,173 Posts
Can I play . "10 TL technology package. With my 02 type S
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]
:thumbsup: kinda tossing the idea around of getting a 3G TL.

·
UA6
269 Posts
I've had mine for almost 6 years and nearly 90k miles. Minus a few issues, it's been a great car.

·
Banned
3,173 Posts
I've had mine for almost 6 years and nearly 90k miles. Minus a few issues, it's been a great car.
I'm worried about their transmission's though. What issues have you had?

·
UA6
269 Posts
I'm worried about their transmission's though. What issues have you had?
The dash cracked soon after I bought it. I had to file a claim with corporate through my dealership and bickered with them for a few weeks. Ended up paying for parts (~$550) and corporate paid for labor (~$1500). Also, both rear calipers have seized and have been replaced twice.

Little stuff like a leaking CV boot, cup holder cover breaking, and interior squeaks/rattles have occurred, but that's bound to happen with the car having almost 137k miles.

As for the automatic transmission, it's advised that the 3rd and 4th gear pressure switches be replaced at ~40k intervals. Many members switch to a different ATF, but I've stuck with the Honda ATF and haven't had any issues. Some Acurazine members HAVE had automatic transmissions fail, on the "revised" 07-08 Base and Type-S models as well as the 04-06 models. Don't believe people when they say the 07-08 models are indestructible. The 6-speed manual transmissions are nearly bulletproof, minus a TSB for 3rd gear grinding and a forum recommended switch to General Motors Synchromesh Friction Modified fluid (#12377916).

It has a rather small fuel tank, but I average about 23mpg around town and 30-33mpg on the highway. Though I will admit that the TL is a thirsty bish in heavy stop-and-go traffic.

Things I Like:
-Styling
-Decent performance
-Interior room and comfort

Things I Don't Like:
-Rear seats don't fold down
-Interior squeaks and rattles
-Leather wear
-Paint mismatch between metal and plastic components

Hope that helps!

·
Banned
3,173 Posts
That's awesome lol, thanks :thumbsup: . Been lurking about Acurazine the past few days checking out common issues. Also checked out your progress thread :love: :love: . Thinking about taking one for a spin to see if I should make the switch. Seen a few cammed tl's, so it's nice to see there's a performance market for them.

·
UA6
269 Posts
That's awesome lol, thanks :thumbsup: . Been lurking about Acurazine the past few days checking out common issues. Also checked out your progress thread :love: :love: . Thinking about taking one for a spin to see if I should make the switch. Seen a few cammed tl's, so it's nice to see there's a performance market for them.
Thanks man :thumbsup:

The performance market was off to a super slow start but with camshafts and especially the ECU modifications thanks to Hondata, the TL is finally starting to get some love. The j-pipe is the best "bang for your buck" and I usually advise people to do that first instead of an intake.

As you can tell by my car, I've gone for more of an aesthetic route, but still have a few small power goodies installed. ATLP made me fall in love with my car all over again :D

<insert bone stock silver 2008 type-S here>
:wavey:

·
Old member
1,004 Posts
A friend of mine had a 04 tl and the dash started cracking on him like a broken windshield .small at first and then just bam big ass crack nasty . I bought the protection plan for the interior any breaks or tears BOOM covered .He was the reason I purchased the protection warranty Cz he said it's common on tl s

·
Banned
3,173 Posts
Thanks man :thumbsup:

The performance market was off to a super slow start but with camshafts and especially the ECU modifications thanks to Hondata, the TL is finally starting to get some love. The j-pipe is the best "bang for your buck" and I usually advise people to do that first instead of an intake.

As you can tell by my car, I've gone for more of an aesthetic route, but still have a few small power goodies installed. ATLP made me fall in love with my car all over again :D

:wavey:
Seen your video, sounds really good. Making me really want to get one lol. Very partial to white, or possibly red.

·
Banned
3,173 Posts
A friend of mine had a 04 tl and the dash started cracking on him like a broken windshield .small at first and then just bam big ass crack nasty . I bought the protection plan for the interior any breaks or tears BOOM covered .He was the reason I purchased the protection warranty Cz he said it's common on tl s
Light tint on the windshield would probably help with that. I had a hemi ram, and they're also notorious for that. Was tinted 35% and didn't have any issues. Of course that's not for everyone though.

·
UA6
269 Posts
Seen your video, sounds really good. Making me really want to get one lol. Very partial to white, or possibly red.
Even though WDP looks great, I'll never own another white car. It's great for hiding swirls in the paint but dirt shows very easily.

Red for the 2004-2006 is Redondo Red Pearl and for the 2007-2008 is Moroccan Red Pearl :thumbsup:

661 - 680 of 684 Posts