Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a backup camera into my TSX and I was planning on doing the same to my Dad's '06 TL. The installation for the TSX was very easy because the reverse camera port was left open. All I had to do was create an adapter that received RCA picture input. I looked up the Navigation part numbers and they're different between the models.

Is the 2006 TSX Navigation the same at the 2006 TL? Is there an available reverse port?

I stole the picture from another forum where I posted my install if you're interested.

Attachments

·
please... don't stop...
20,252 Posts
Dont know bro... the option I used and alot of others have used was the Doms NAV2TV video input adaptor......

It gives you 2 inputs into the Nav Screen and has a plug'n'play option so as to not void the warranty...

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dont know bro... the option I used and alot of others have used was the Doms NAV2TV video input adaptor......

It gives you 2 inputs into the Nav Screen and has a plug'n'play option so as to not void the warranty...

Thanks for the response. It appears as this is the only option.

Now time to look into this Dom Unit.

·
please... don't stop...
20,252 Posts
Thanks for the response. It appears as this is the only option.

Now time to look into this Dom Unit.
Ive got one installed in my 05 TL with a DVD player and backup camera... let me know if you need any info or help...

·
please... don't stop...
20,252 Posts
I'll do some research and see what I come up with.

For starters, how much was the unit?

Thanks for the help.
Non PnP was about 100-125... PnP harness was about another 90

PnP was the preffered method since youcould pull it out should youhave any Navi problems and the dealerships would never know... i.e. warranty void...

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm rehashing this thread as my Dad has decided that he really wants the same backup camera I have on my TSX. Can you guys post a link or send me a message as to where I can buy the DOM unit? I'll spend my time researching, but I'm just wondering if you guys have subscribed threads and links to get me started.

Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts