Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Been there & gone back
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Goal for this build was to create a great daily driver that made 400ish whp. I have finally reached that goal. I wanted to make sure I ran a boost level that I would drive off the dyno and daily with and not for just peak results. So the goal was set and the time was needed to invest and figure out how this twinscrew worked. After countless dynos and time spent I have found a combination that not only makes nice power but also makes it efficiently. Thanks to T1 for all the help as well as many friends who were involved.

Engine: K24A2 TSX motor stock block with 05-06 Type-S cams and S2000 oil pump

Bell core aftercooler

Return setup with injector dynamics 1000cc injectors - Duty was 55%

SSR header 4-2-1 and custom 2.5" cat back

Stock Throttle Body with custom Throttle body casting

Blower - Lysholm 1.6 liter 1600ax -ran at 14psi mounted on a modified Moss manifold

Meth injection with AIS #14 nozzle thats 882ml/min

Dyno day: - Pulley combo was A2 cp with 3.4 blower pulley producing and efficient 14 psi spinning the blower at 12,055 rpm at 7500 engine speed.

Tune results without meth: 369\270
Tune results with meth: 407\298

I hope this helps to show what an important place meth has with not only being used stand alone but also on top of our aftercoolers. When using meth I saw flatline 122F temps across the board during the pull. I think the number say a lot here in that although its great the aftercooler has peak temps at 175F but look what can be made if we bring the temps down even more. I had a WHP gain of 38whp and 27 tq.

Someone with the time and interest could easily make much more with this setup adding more boost. I like what I have and its great temps so I am good for now.

Peak IAT temps without meth were corrected at 175 F
Peak IAT temps with meth were corrected at 122 F

Blue line is with meth – 407\297
Red line is last dyno session – 311\237
Green line is without meth – 369\270

Here is an easier graph to read.

Attachments

·
Meth Blow Speed = my life
7,078 Posts
Absolutely wonderful results Thomas :thumbsup:

Cant wait to see some vids of her!

·
0 Posts
Thomas, one of the significant things that I think people might overlook in your numbers is that you are making this power with an "off-the-shelf" SSR 4-2-1 header, and 2.5" exhaust with baffled Hushpower muffler. Plus, the fact that you shut it down at 7,500rpm's and that this on Tony's dyno, not a Pack. That just makes it all the more impressive in my opinion.

·
No Longer Blown...
3,429 Posts
K24A2 TSX motor stock block with 05-06 Type-S cams and S2000 oil pump
Wow think of the possibilities with higher redline, cams, smaller bp and bigger cp.....then even custom header and bigger exhaust....zomg

·
Been there & gone back
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thomas, one of the significant things that I think people might overlook in your numbers is that you are making this power with an "off-the-shelf" SSR 4-2-1 header, and 2.5" exhaust with baffled Hushpower muffler. Plus, the fact that you shut it down at 7,500rpm's and that this on Tony's dyno, not a Pack. That just makes it all the more impressive in my opinion.
I didnt even think about running it past 7500. I wanted to have the car just like I would have it on the road. I could have run a smaller pulley or pushed it past 7500 more but then I would be a dyno queen. I wanted it to be just like I would drive it each day and thats what I have. :)

·
It is inevitable
15,843 Posts
excellent t-pain :thumbsup:

·
Vendor
79 Posts
Congrats Thomas, long time coming! Looked like we were off to the typical rocky start to your dyno days again, but she turned around for us when we took the boost back down a bit. Glad to see you FINALLY reach your goals. :)

·
The GREG
5,001 Posts
Congrats Thomas, long time coming! Looked like we were off to the typical rocky start to your dyno days again, but she turned around for us when we took the boost back down a bit. Glad to see you FINALLY reach your goals. :)
:shady: Please explain TONY :D Higher boost produced lower numbers?

·
Meth Blow Speed = my life
7,078 Posts
Air temps increase dramatically when a blower gets out of it's efficiency range. Parasitic drag does the same.
You guys didnt try methanol on that higher psi did you?

·
Been there & gone back
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thats why I brought the other pulley. :) Thanks as always for sticking by me through all the pain ha a ha and getting this car tuned and running wonderfully for me. Was a nice ride home. :)

1 - 20 of 101 Posts