Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
I AM ELECTRIC HEAD
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok if u have a race header will please tell me which exhaust u have and if its loud or not. I have the toda header with the GReddy evo and mine is louuuddd!! now and it was very quiet before so i'm being real cautious(misspelled) with the purchase of this one

right now i'm looking at GReddy sp2, mugen twin loop , and 5zigen fireball but more towards the sp2

but what do u have ?

please dotn tell me to search i have and i know all the rules here :D look at my post count :thumbsup:

·
Registered
321 Posts
greddy sp2 is the same thing as the original but full stainless steel and they fixed some of the problems it had with the original evo 1.

·
I AM ELECTRIC HEAD
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah man ur thinking of the evo 2 not the sp2 sp2 is totally diff theres a post about it someone check it out

·
Registered
321 Posts
oh......my bad...thought u were talkin about the evo2....the gt spec and hks that i have aren't too loud just nice and deep...invidia is also a really nice exhaust. Additionally the thermal exhaust is nice as well.

·
I AM ELECTRIC HEAD
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its kewl thats for the help

i heard the hks sounds like a 747 :dontknow:

·
Ebay Whore
1,588 Posts
I have the T1R exhaust and it sounds about the same as the DC Sports twin canister. It's not loud but bassy(sp). At anyrate when I added the JR header, my exhaust was louder than the Buddy Club. The quietest exhaust I've heard so far is the Mugen twin loop though, but honestly I think once you add the header it's gonna change to a deep tone anyway. Is there a silencer for you exhaust?

·
Registered
403 Posts
HardcoreRsxS said:
ive got skunk 2, and its LOUD.
I agree, mine is loud also. Esp. with the comptech header.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i got fujitsubo power getter (without header)... and it sounds quiet and little bit deeptone...

toda race header + power getter will be great i think.. not too loud and u'll have deep tone sound too

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
I have the PG and the JDM header and Spoon downpipe.

It sounds great while cruising really bassy and sounds awesome at WOT.

I would recommend either the Apexi World Sport, Fujitsubo RM-01A, or the Mugen Twin-Loop.

I will be able to tell you how the Toda race header and Mugen Twin-loop sounds once BigDawg gets everything installed. It should be a few weeks or so (not exactly sure, soon as it probably warms up).

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
I have the thermal and it sounds almost the same as before the race header. More tinny sounding and in vtec just louder in general. I think the race header really made my car sound better. Problem w/ the thermal is that is drones at 4100 rpms. When you hit 4100 it resonates so loud I hate it. But, it did that before I put on the header. But, overall, the Thermal is not that loud.

I want the Apex'i World Sport though. I want a silent exhaust.

·
DNA all over bish!
10,639 Posts
go-zigen fireball is a good choice. I have the Greddy evo just like you now and I think it's perfect in terms of loudness. I've seen a clip of the Greddy sp2 on a civic si on racerbots.net and it sounds real subdued. It sounds as quite as a Mugen and as deep as a PG. Real good traits if you ask me. The only gripe I have about it is that the muffler tip looks kinda weird compared to an Evo. I mean one of the reasons why I got an Evo was because of the muffler shape. Mines is even custom angled so It looks like a true trust Evo of sorts, if there's such a thing :p. Pretty sick.

·
Premium Member
67,108 Posts
swwifty said:
I have the PG and the JDM header and Spoon downpipe.

It sounds great while cruising really bassy and sounds awesome at WOT.

Do you think the sound of the PG with TODA header will sound close to your set up since it's also a 4-2-1 design?

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
Frenchy said:
Do you think the sound of the PG with TODA header will sound close to your set up since it's also a 4-2-1 design?
probably pretty close, but the spoon downpipe has a resonator in it and the Toda does not. I'd figure the Toda will be a little louder, and the exhaust note would sound a little bit different.

·
Premium Member
67,108 Posts
so it's just a flex pipe on the TODA? for some reasons I thought it was a resonator :dontknow:

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
Frenchy said:
so it's just a flex pipe on the TODA? for some reasons I thought it was a resonator :dontknow:
i'm not 100% sure ask BigDawg he has the Toda header uninstalled right now.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
zeroryde said:
I have PG with JR header..and it's very bassy...and can drone you out at times... it's loud too but not fart cannon loud... just bassy...very bassy
yeah mine can drone from 2k-3krpms in 5th and 6th gear, but thats the only rpms and gears it will drone in at all.

·
I AM ELECTRIC HEAD
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
at 2500rpms is where mine sounds sorta likea fart can but after that it just sounds mean but it has alil droning until 3k

1 - 20 of 45 Posts