Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Team Drastic
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have definitely decided on trading in/selling my DD Honda Pilot for something I would enjoy driving a little more since my rsx is still down.

My goal is to have payments in the $300-$330 range which I know is do-able if I was to get a used TL.

My curiosity was this. Right now for a few bucks more a month I can lease a 2010 TL. In favor of having lower payments this would be nice.

What I am wondering is from any of you who have bought out a lease how much did it cost you in the end, and would you do it again?

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
what do you plan on doing after the lease? lease another or what, too vague of a question to know

·
Team Drastic
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At this point I am thinking that I would just buy the car come the end of my lease, but of course a lot can change in 3 years.

My thoughts were it would be a easy way to get a nice new car for affordable payments, I am just don't want to end up paying $60k for a $40k car.

·
surprise!
1,487 Posts
id avoid a lease with all the extra bullshit hats comes along with them. and dont forget your limited on miles you can drive a year. if you decide to not keep it or you cant it needs to go back exactly how it left some places even want brand new factory tires etc. coworker turned in a lease wound up costing him a few k to bring it to where they wanted it

·
Team Drastic
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
id avoid a lease with all the extra bullshit hats comes along with them. and dont forget your limited on miles you can drive a year. if you decide to not keep it or you cant it needs to go back exactly how it left some places even want brand new factory tires etc. coworker turned in a lease wound up costing him a few k to bring it to where they wanted it
I did forget about the mileage factor. With my profession being real estate and the frequent trips I take to Southern California I can rack them up pretty fast.

·
Premium Member
430,557 Posts
i would say just buy the car then, lease seems to be a bit of a problem if not right away, then in the long run

·
'07 at heart
2,853 Posts

·
Chįlläxn
1,620 Posts
I did forget about the mileage factor. With my profession being real estate and the frequent trips I take to Southern California I can rack them up pretty fast.
If this is the case, then don't lease. You'll pay about .80 per mile or something when you go over.

Lease is good if you wanna get a more expensive car (BMWs and other luxury cars) that you will give back to the dealer once the contract is done.

OR

Lease is also good if you fully understand how residual value affects your payments if you decide to buy the car at the end of the contract.

·
Master Member
7,878 Posts
If you're planning on buying the car at the end of the lease, your best bet is buy, or finance to own. You'll be getting screwed leasing to own, and God forbid you rack up a good amount of miles over your lease limit. Leasing, like someone said, is good for buying an expensive car that you know you won't be going over the mileage limit and don't plan on keeping/modding.

·
I Am the Liquor
7,333 Posts
If your intention is to keep the car for longer than the lease term, BUY. Why would you pay to lease a car that you intend on keeping when your car payments could be going towards principal? To save a few bucks on your monthly payment? You're just flushing $ down the toilet in this scenario.

The only sense I can see in leasing is if you are frequently wanting a new car at the end of short term (2 - 3 year) lease arrangements.

·
EJ25 FTW
65,259 Posts
If your intention is to keep the car for longer than the lease term, BUY. Why would you pay to lease a car that you intend on keeping when your car payments could be going towards principal? To save a few bucks on your monthly payment? You're just flushing $ down the toilet in this scenario.

The only sense I can see in leasing is if you are frequently wanting a new car at the end of short term (2 - 3 year) lease arrangements.
This. If you drive relatively infrequently, and you get bored of a new car pretty quickly, then leasing is for you.

Otherwise, prepared to be burned. My older sister leased an older tsx in hopes to have a lower payment. Then, she changed jobs and went over the miles... by alot. In order to save herself a few grand for the mileage cost, she ended up having to lease a new tsx (which she hates). Note: the fine print said if you lease from the dealer again, you could wave like 5,000 miles or something from the previous car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts