Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
black corporate
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

06 base rsx with headers, CAI, and full cat back exhaust (2.5inch pipe). So i guess my jdm muffler was a little loud and I kept getting pulled over by cops. So my solution was to put on a silencer on my muffler. Clearly I'm sucking in more air than I am forcing out. Every time I turn off my car all of the excess air blows out and u hear a pop like sound coming from my exhaust.

Will this back pressure eventually do harm to my motor if all this excess air and fumes are not making there way out of the ass end of my car?

thanks

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,087 Posts
Clearly u have no idea what your talking about

·
black corporate
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Clearly u have no idea what your talking about
The last time i checked this was a forum where u post questions etc? How is this question so dumb? I was asking if back pressure would cause harm to my car, not a smart ass remark M. know it all.

·
Registered
328 Posts
header, singular, as in one only... 'V' engines have headers, inline engines just have a header :)

Your car/motor will be fine :thumbsup:

·
From B to K
670 Posts
Too much air intake? No, you can only have one. :thumbsup:

·
black corporate
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Everytime I turn off mine, I get a delayed pop from the intake maybe 2 seconds after shutoff. I have no clue what you are talking about with your exhaust though.
Well i guess that's where the pop sound is coming from than. Sounded like it was coming from the exhaust.

·
From B to K
670 Posts
I used to be in the spelling bee in the 4th grade, FYI. :)

·
From B to K
670 Posts
I was disqualified rather early.

·
4-MMC OG
1,907 Posts
You whine too much. The answer is "no".

Infact, take the intake off. You need more air if anything.

·
HT haterzz
3,990 Posts
Gotta rep that 2.5 inch pipe on your N/A base model RSX. And headerz. I bet VTEC just screams yo.

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts
"Muki could you please spell the word, rock"

Muki - "ROK......rock"

"I'm sorry Muki that is incorrect, go sit ur lard ass down please"
:rotfl: billy madison....great movie. No your not going to hurt your engine at all.

·
DC5 Krew
2,827 Posts
yea my car does the same thing and it will be fine

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.