Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i was quoted by a local shop 250 for paint and install for the GReddy Front lip u guys think that is reasonable or not, he does quite a few imports. Also any ideas on the ETA for the lip?

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
why paint..i like the way it looks now...if you can check out some of nice jdm cars...they have those front lip left..not color match.but 250 is fucking too much...isn't that same as price for the lip itself
here are some pics

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
esant said:
Those are for the most part Carbon Fiber Lips. If you leave it unpainted, that will look like crap
exactly. cf is one thing.. but unpainted bodykit is plain ghetto. there's no way out of that.

G

·
hmm

i scraped up my oem front underbody spoiler thing, and the body shop my acura dealer uses said it would be about $200 to sand it down & repaint body color......took it there and he just had me talk to the guy who actually does the painting, and he did it on the side for $50.....the mgr said the paperwork for a small job like that would outweigh any profit

·
Banned
2,121 Posts
i was pretty lucky, i got my roja front spoiler painted for free when the dealer screwed up the repair on the side ofthe car. took them 2 times though to get it right. the first time they painted it, all the paint peeled off.

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
5,574 Posts
I had my lip and mr replica DC5-R wing painted for $100 together. Do the install yourself, I kid you not, it's the easiest thing you'll ever do. You'll need a drill for the side screws though (or just a phillips head and some really fast/strong forearms).

G

·
the greddy lip is nice...as said before, installing it yourself would be the best bet. I wonder why they don't make side & rear skirts...

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
5,574 Posts
Special Ed H22 said:
the greddy lip is nice...as said before, installing it yourself would be the best bet. I wonder why they don't make side & rear skirts...
Gracer (GReddy) actually has a bunch of lips for a bunch of different cars. Yet they only make full kits for a select few, 3rd gen MR2 and 2nd gen 300ZX stick out in my head.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts