Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Perpetrator
53,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i just want to say that a close friend of mine on his CBR954RR went down about an hour ago. he just text messaged me that he totaled his bike.

he was going on an on-ramp onto the freeway. the on-ramp bends around in a semi-circle. as usual, he went fast and leaned low......then, he hit gravel and got pwnt.

key notes:
1. his 954 bike totaled
2. leaned low on an on-ramp and slid on gravel.
3. he is alright
4. his helmet didn't even touch ground
5. thank God for gear

just to tell you about how he is as a rider, the guy rides AGGRESSIVELY on public roads. sooner or later, this accident was bound to happen. and, he had been riding this way for the past 2 years. i'm just glad he's alive.

·
Perpetrator
53,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes he was wearing gear.

and that's the thing about leaning low on public roads..you never know what's on the street. at least on a track, you know it's relatively clean.

everytime i lean, i think that i'm gonna low-side everytime.

·
9,233 Posts
yeah, i just got back from a ride with about 30 others, the way some ppl ride is just insane on highways

hope your friend is ok with everything

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Well, you would change your mind about riding aggressively on public roads if you lived around where I do. The roads around here are paradise for bike riders and curve hugging cars. You just have to ride within your abilities and never start to feel overconfident.

·
Perpetrator
53,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, you would change your mind about riding aggressively on public roads if you lived around where I do. The roads around here are paradise for bike riders and curve hugging cars. You just have to ride within your abilities and never start to feel overconfident.
yup..and then some jerkoff decides to splash oil in the middle of a sharp bend. :(

maybe something like that happens only in cali. :mad:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts