Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey
I was looking around through Toda's site and I noticed that they have 2 different lines of camshafts for our car. I just wanted to know the difference. The 2 are the "High Power VTEC Camshafts" and the "VTEC Killer Camshafts." What're the differences between the 2?? pros cons?

thx
Axel

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
wheelconnector said:
Hey
I was looking around through Toda's site and I noticed that they have 2 different lines of camshafts for our car. I just wanted to know the difference. The 2 are the "High Power VTEC Camshafts" and the "VTEC Killer Camshafts." What're the differences between the 2?? pros cons?

thx
Axel

Read on their site. It gives all the information regarding the loss of VTEC(and VTC) through the use of the killer camshafts.

Toda Racing said:
Characteristics
The mid rocker cam is removed & both pins are changed, reducing the valve train mass for better response. Disabling the VTEC system removes fluctuations in the oil pressure system, securing a reliable oil feed to all the main moving components.
VTC is the cam timing control on our intake cam gear that allows for variable cam phasing. This is basically used to reduce emissions, so it is not necessary on a race car, but beneficial to street cars. In other words VTEC killer camshafts=race car, High power VTEC camshafts=maintain factory emissions and VTEC controls. The exception to this though is the Spec Bs and Cs, that require the VTC killer campulleys that eliminate the variable cam-phasing, but still keep VTEC.

They have guidelines to follow when using their cams, but I think some of the requirements are a bit much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts