Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've done some research, and found out there may be a flaw w/ the Toda Exhaust system. A member on here had experienced bad welds on his resonator, I'm wondering if there's anyone else out there who has experienced any quality issues w/ their Toda exhausts ? As I am in the market for this or the mugen twin loop.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
216 Posts
1 grand for 5 hp...why?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Truthfully, I would go with mugen twinloop thats what I have currently. I was also debating if I want to get toda or mugen, and I think if you really want titanium maybe you should spend a extra $1-200 for a j's 60rs. They look similar and I haven't heard of any problem with welds or quality issue with J's.

·
Banned
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if you have to ask then :shakehead

Learn the difference between peak and powerband then you'll understand.

Thank You, I'm not interested in any dumb comments, I actually track my car which is why I'm leaning towards the toda, I'm also looking into J's racing but my main 2 are Toda and Mugen, Thanks for the input guys.

·
Tarzan
1,083 Posts
Well someone explain how toda makes most power over the powerband plz

·
I WILL DESTROY YOU!
2,176 Posts
if you have to ask then :shakehead

Learn the difference between peak and powerband then you'll understand.
Yea, will all due respect kevin, and really, mucho respect...how do you figure a toda or j's 60rs makes any more power or different power in a certain power band than any other similarly designed exhausted of the same dimensions? If we were talking header's, I'd totally agree, but these are cat backs. :confused:

·
Q_Q
8,104 Posts
So I've done some research, and found out there may be a flaw w/ the Toda Exhaust system. A member on here had experienced bad welds on his resonator, I'm wondering if there's anyone else out there who has experienced any quality issues w/ their Toda exhausts ? As I am in the market for this or the mugen twin loop.

Thanks guys
there have been multiple cases of the resonator weld cracking on the toda exhaust, not just one or two. there is a flaw in their design, i think spring bolts on that portion of the exhaust might be able to solve that problem though.

ive had both the mugen twinloop and toda exhausts. toda will probably be more free flowing, i think the mugen was robbing some hp from me but it wont crack haha btw the mugen is super quiet and is probably heavier than the toda as well.

Well someone explain how toda makes most power over the powerband plz
it might make more over some other exhausts because there arent any bottle necks like the powergetter, T1R, hks etc etc

·
Big Pimpin
15,710 Posts
Yea, will all due respect kevin, and really, mucho respect...how do you figure a toda or j's 60rs makes any more power or different power in a certain power band than any other similarly designed exhausted of the same dimensions? If we were talking header's, I'd totally agree, but these are cat backs. :confused:
I never said the toda makes more or less power. But power can be had or lost in resonator design (perforated core vs. wings and so on) and also the muffler design. Though to a lesser extent.

I simply commented on the previous persons statement simply because he doesn't seem to understand the full facet of everything that is affected by modding one part of a car.

To kind of put it in perspective, when I put on a 3" from my 2.25" exhaust (just a cat back) I saw a 10hp peak gain with decent gain after the crossover but my low end suffered a bit and my engine response went down.

·
Banned
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
there have been multiple cases of the resonator weld cracking on the toda exhaust, not just one or two. there is a flaw in their design, i think spring bolts on that portion of the exhaust might be able to solve that problem though.

ive had both the mugen twinloop and toda exhausts. toda will probably be more free flowing, i think the mugen was robbing some hp from me but it wont crack haha btw the mugen is super quiet and is probably heavier than the toda as well.

it might make more over some other exhausts because there arent any bottle necks like the powergetter, T1R, hks etc etc
Gahh, I was hoping that the Toda cracking wasn't a common problem, I've been told by some that the performance of the Toda is better than the Mugen, but I'm not sure if that performance is worth the money if it will just crack on me, thanks for your input.

·
I WILL DESTROY YOU!
2,176 Posts
I never said the toda makes more or less power. But power can be had or lost in resonator design (perforated core vs. wings and so on) and also the muffler design. Though to a lesser extent.

I simply commented on the previous persons statement simply because he doesn't seem to understand the full facet of everything that is affected by modding one part of a car.

To kind of put it in perspective, when I put on a 3" from my 2.25" exhaust (just a cat back) I saw a 10hp peak gain with decent gain after the crossover but my low end suffered a bit and my engine response went down.
I see, I misunderstood what you meant then. Consider us in agreement then, however considering all of this, what makes you think Toda's design is any better than say...Greddy's, just as an example?

·
Q_Q
8,104 Posts
Gahh, I was hoping that the Toda cracking wasn't a common problem, I've been told by some that the performance of the Toda is better than the Mugen, but I'm not sure if that performance is worth the money if it will just crack on me, thanks for your input.
no problem, the cracking is as actually pretty common, i know of 4 alone in my area with the problem LOL

IMO i would look into getting another system besides the mugen and toda. mugen is fine if you dont want to extract every lil hp you can from the motor, good for boltons. but it is weird from what ive heard toda uses the twinloop on their rsx and the twinloop was used on kingmotorsport's supercharged rsx also

I see, I misunderstood what you meant then. Consider us in agreement then, however considering all of this, what makes you think Toda's design is any better than say...Greddy's, just as an example?
i dont think thats the point he was trying to get across, i doubt he was even backing up the toda exhaust since i know he could careless for the jdm bling factor when there are cheaper alternatives for the same kind of power

i think he was speaking generally about expensive vs cheaper parts. (not specifically exhausts) just because something costs $1000 more and gains only 2 peak hp doesnt mean its not worth it

better example..bigworm85 switched form a cermamic dcrh which can be had for ~$200ish used to a hytech header ~$1250ish and only gained about ~2 peak hp...but gained a grip of torque throughout the powerband

it doesnt really apply to exhausts as much though, i think this was the direction kevin was heading anyways..sometimes he is confusing lol

·
Friend of Slipknot
4,129 Posts
Never noticed any problems with my toda exhaust when I had it on my car for well over 2 years. Not one bad weld, crack, or anything.

·
I WILL DESTROY YOU!
2,176 Posts
i dont think thats the point he was trying to get across, i doubt he was even backing up the toda exhaust since i know he could careless for the jdm bling factor when there are cheaper alternatives for the same kind of power

i think he was speaking generally about expensive vs cheaper parts. (not specifically exhausts) just because something costs $1000 more and gains only 2 peak hp doesnt mean its not worth it

better example..bigworm85 switched form a cermamic dcrh which can be had for ~$200ish used to a hytech header ~$1250ish and only gained about ~2 peak hp...but gained a grip of torque throughout the powerband

it doesnt really apply to exhausts as much though, i think this was the direction kevin was heading anyways..sometimes he is confusing lol
Ah, I see. If that's the case, than I whole-heartedly agree. :thumbsup:

·
Big Pimpin
15,710 Posts
we are talking about a pipe, not kpro u morons:rotfl:
not even a header:rotfl:

u jdm fanbois are hilarious
did you even read past what you quoted? i certainly am no jdm fanboy. in fact if you read majins last post you'll get it.

and to enjoy, basically what majin said is right. and yeah, i know i cause confusion easily. sorry.

·
Registered
216 Posts
omgz i just spend overs a grand on a jdm exhaust. my cars goez superz fast nowz!!!

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
we are talking about a pipe, not kpro u morons:rotfl:
not even a header:rotfl:

u jdm fanbois are hilarious
did you even read past what you quoted? i certainly am no jdm fanboy. in fact if you read majins last post you'll get it.

and to enjoy, basically what majin said is right. and yeah, i know i cause confusion easily. sorry.

:stfu:

I'm da rel gay-d-m fanboiss

i rock-in-ing dat greeedy spit twoo axhest

mad gay-d-m blinggy-yo

pafomance yoo can tust - greeeedy

I SO JDM I TYPING JDM STYLING!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts