Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what is the difference with the toda flash and the hondata flash? aren't they the same? also all the dyno that toda is showing is with a race header, does anybody know what the dyno is with no race header. coz im considering getting the toda engine kit but here in california the race header will fail smog. Thanks Guys:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Hondata did the tuning for Toda, so yes it's Hondata.......But it's tuned for the Toda cams. Your really going to bottle things up without a race header. The Jackson Race header with a high flow cat would be better then nothing. It should pass smog......Ask Hardcore mikey what he does.

·
EFI Tuning Professional
8,139 Posts
APEXiTypes said:
Hondata did the tuning for Toda, so yes it's Hondata.......But it's tuned for the Toda cams. Your really going to bottle things up without a race header. The Jackson Race header with a high flow cat would be better then nothing. It should pass smog......Ask Hardcore mikey what he does.
Ive got the Toda flash along with the comptech race header and its great(other than getting the cel's every now and then). Yes I care about law enforcement here in Ca, but im getting a truck soon so I wont drive the rsx around
When it comes time to smog, just put the stock exhaust manifold back and you should pass smog

peace out
HARDCORE mikey

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
the Toda flash is not the same as the Hondata-4 flash. My ECU is in transit right now, Toda told me the car will bog and not run right with Toda cams and Hondata-4 flash. The Toda flash runs richer and has the dual VTEC (3900/5000) function.

To keep it legal I'm going with a DC shorty header and stock cat for now, might change to a "high-flow" cat later if I can find more solid evidence that it helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts