Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
I AM ELECTRIC HEAD
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aight heres some pics the install should be this weekend all i can say is the header is beautiful

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
UGH, the more I look at that header the more I want it.

I'm about to see BigDawg's that he just got today in real life.

I'm sure buy then I'll have my order in... haha

·
I AM ELECTRIC HEAD
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got all of it from clubrsx except the o2 sim and the header was 1324$

i'm ready to install this puppy :D

·
Registered
487 Posts
It brings tears to my eyes. That header is a work of art...I am serious! Those welds are fantastic.

·
Walking the fine line
488 Posts
I think I need to change my underwear :spin:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
nice. you will notice a big difference in handling installing the sway bar. the header looks good. what gains do you expect from it?

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Yea, mine came in yesterday too. It is so nice. I can't wait to install it!

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Hey spyderrsx, I talked to the guys at Toda last night and they said to put some blue Loc-tite on the third hole bunged for an A/F sensor. Apparently some people are having problems with vibrations backing out the cap.

They also said that they recommend replacing the header gasket(in case you had not already planned to). I asked because my car only has 13,000 miles on it.

·
I AM ELECTRIC HEAD
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BigDawg said:
Hey spyderrsx, I talked to the guys at Toda last night and they said to put some blue Loc-tite on the third hole bunged for an A/F sensor. Apparently some people are having problems with vibrations backing out the cap.

They also said that they recommend replacing the header gasket(in case you had not already planned to). I asked because my car only has 13,000 miles on it.
are u talking bout the manifold gaske or the cat gasket ?

and explain the vibrations ur talking bout please

·
I AM ELECTRIC HEAD
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
exist12 said:
nice. you will notice a big difference in handling installing the sway bar. the header looks good. what gains do you expect from it?
i have no ideal the more the better:D i thought to myself if i'm going to get a race header then go all out and get the best

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
hehehe your exhaust is gonna be really loud now with that greddy evo and toda header :D

·
I AM ELECTRIC HEAD
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
swwifty said:
hehehe your exhaust is gonna be really loud now with that greddy evo and toda header :D
lol i'l just shift at 2k when a cop is around :D

·
I AM ELECTRIC HEAD
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HardcoreRsxS said:
good luck. Its hard for me to keep it under 3500 with my lightweight flywheel

peace out
HARDCORE mikey
well i would say i'm lucky that i dont have a flywheel yet but i'm not:(

·
Registered
715 Posts
dang i envy you i wish i got the car already. how was the ride after u install the sway and front bar

·
Banned
9 Posts
spydersrsx said:
are u talking bout the manifold gaske or the cat gasket ?

and explain the vibrations ur talking bout please
it would make sense that it is the manifold gasket

he is just talking about normal road vibration that makes the extra plug come loose after time, so they recommend making it more secure.........its not a 'problem' like you may be thinking

BTW....mine is on the way too :laughing:

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
good reply jdkindle.

I just read this, and I thought I was clear on what I was saying. It comes with the collector gasket, but not a manifold gasket.

As for vibrations, I am speaking of normal engine /road vibrations. After a certain period of time the plug has a tendency to back out. You will not be using it often(if at all), but the header was designed "for racing use only." If this header is ran on a race car, they have the option of running a lambda meter continuously(to check A/F ratios). Since you will not be doing this, the third hole will not need to be nearly as accessible. He told me to put Loc-tite on the plug. I told him there is no way I was using red Loc-tite because when I put it on a dyno, I want that third location to run a Lambda meter. I asked him how about blue Loc-tite, which he replied with "yea, the mild stuff."

I hope this clears the air a bit. It is not a problem, it is just a helpful hint to peole who are using these headers on street cars.

1 - 20 of 194 Posts