Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
i-VTEC, Do you?
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm stuck between the Toda and the JR race header... my only question is can you throw a hi flow cat on the Toda header like you can on the JR? And how nice is that included strut bar?

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
No one has actually done it yet, but if you wanted to put a cat on the far end of the toda then it might be possible. you'd have to extend all the sensor wiring. Again no one has done this yet, but it's completely possible.

·
i-VTEC, Do you?
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much is that going to be

·
Power of Dreams
3,036 Posts
RyuRSX said:
How much is that going to be
Not only will you be extending your wiring, you will have to hack off some of your exhaust, and either weld the cat to it or weld the original flange back to the pipe. Easiest thing, cut out a middle section of the exhaust piping, length of the cat, and then weld the flange and exhaust piping back together. It would be really simple to do. I would never do it, but go for it if you want.

·
i-VTEC, Do you?
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would I lose about the same power I would running a hi flow cat on the JR? Is there any reason I should be worried about running a race header in Jersey? (I don't think they check but...)

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I live in NJ also. I plan on getting the toda header soon, I have the apexi World Sport Exhaust, its very quite. After Spent198 puts his on I will let you know how I like it.

·
i-VTEC, Do you?
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The main reason I was looking at the Toda header was because I plan on running the N2 kit and it's recommended for anything running the Toda camshafts...would the gains be that much better going with Toda and doing all the work for the high flow cat for the N2 kit, or would I get the same gains w/ the N2 kit and the JR header / hi flow cat?? Hardcoremikey, what would you do man?

·
Registered
10,899 Posts
you would lose some power puttin a cat in. but with the longer primaries of the today it would still be better gains than the JR i think

·
i-VTEC, Do you?
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know that I'm sacrificing some hp to stay legal, my main concern is the power differences WITH the n2 kit running the Toda which is "highly recommended for applications using Toda camshafts", or the JR which is a lot easier to stay legal with...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts