Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
THE EVIL ONE
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have AEM CAI/JR Race Header/Fujitsubo PG Exhaust

I don't want to run lean with Hondata #4 on my race header, so I been thinking of getting the Programable Hondata.

But a friend that owes me money said he would just give me his NX wet kit spraying a 50 shot for payment.

So can I just get the programable hondata with the 50 shot and then down the road still get the Toda N+ cams and springs. And how would that work tunning the Hondata with the spray and still getting the 3900 Vtec to 9k redline that you get with the toda engine package.

Because basically what I wanted was low 13s N/A and mid/high 12s with spray.

Sorry this is long, but could someone clear this up for me.

Thanks,
-Clay

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
I don't think the N+ kit would go well with spraying, but you should e-mail toda for total clarification. As far as hondata #4 goes, hondata has said that spraying is no good with it.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
with the toda ecu or just any regular hondata reflash, you cannot spray because both ecu's have advanced the timing. If you want to use nitrous then you need to get the hondata k-pro and retard the timing, then you are all safe to go spray. :thumbsup:

One person has done it with the hondata4 reflash, and without using the hondata k-pro (since its not yet released). He made a bunch of posts about it in the nitrous oxide section. He retarded the timing using some type of nx controller I think. He sprayed a 100shot and put out somewhere above 300 with a cai and hondata.

·
THE EVIL ONE
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
right, I was gonna get the hondata k-pro (Programable Hondata), didn't know the correct name, but if I got the k-pro would I get all of the benefits on the Hondata #4 reflash -running lean with my race header, and then be able to spray on top of that?

On the other part of my question, If a went in this order, k-pro, spray and then toda N+ cams, would I have to order the cams and springs and then get it tuned? Since I would have the k-pro and not a reflash from hondata? or what?

-Clay

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
I do not believe so, I know they state that nitrous tune or whatever. But if it does come with a fuel map for nitrous, it will probably be a lowered vtec, raised redline, and retarded timing.

·
THE EVIL ONE
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I just called Hondata and asked them about 5 different questions, and all the guy said was, "you can tune anything you want to do at a dyno".

So I guess I can?

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Well basically. They give you all the programs with the k-pro and there are more programs coming out. Basically if you turbo'd it you'd install the turbo and set the k-pro to the turbo tune. Then you go to the dyno and have the techies mess around with Air/Fuel ratio's until you're in the proper range and making more power. Check this link out http://www.hondata.com/kprorelease.html

·
this is my inner child
3,954 Posts
The k-pro would actually make it to where you won't run lean with your raceheader.
The k-pro is also suppose to run with a dry kit not a wet kit, if you were seriously thinking about getting the nitrous kit from your friend.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts