Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
DC5S-T/Premier
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my type s not too long ago, i want a sleeper i just boght advan wheels bronze 18, and the tein suspension for it, and type r head lights, i have the factory ground kit and thats it for the car, now for the motor i'm debating if to go with the TODA package or the JRSC.i want to hit 13's and still have a reliable car. what you guys think?

·
Registered
144 Posts
either would be fine and would get you well into the 13's. ive been wanting the TODA kit also. personally, id go with the TODA kit, but thats just IMO. i'd guess that the TODA kit is probably more reliable than the JRSC. good luck.

·
Premium Member
67,108 Posts
N/A is the way :thumbsup:
seriously, it depends what your preferences are, if you want to go N/A go with TODA, I've seen dynos with gains of +50whp with the TODA kit.

·
DC5S-T/Premier
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i think i'm going to go with the TODA package.anyone runnig this set up that has hit the 13's.let me know

·
Premium Member
67,108 Posts
there are plenty, just search ;) in fact, some have hit 13s with less than that

·
Premium Member
67,108 Posts
great!! can't wait to see pics ;)
BTW, some have hit 13s with CAI ECU and a good set of tires

·
Registered
715 Posts
are you sure u wanna spend that much money ? if your that rich cool! good for you but if u wnna save same more money and buy more mods on the left money do ITR set up ;) take it from edo.

·
Registered
144 Posts
ive heard of some people with ITR set-up hitting 13's...then blowing their motors:nervous: . i think it had something to do with timing...well, i cant wait to see the results. send us a vid too, i have yet to see a good one...:driving:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Toda is deffinately a good choice. JRSC is nice too though. If you want Toda you might want to wait a little while though. Hopefully they will be releasing a N+ engine kit, based around their new N+ cams that won't mess with idle and will be better than the Spec A's and still streetable.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Go with Toda. Like everyone else says the N+ engine package should be pretty sweet. You don't even need as much as the Toda kit to hit 13s consistently.

·
Registered
13 Posts
camshaft remark

crower is currently developing billet camshafts, heavy duty dual valve springs and retainers for the rsx type s.

i am currently working with crower and my ride is sporting prototype cams for the type s.

i am not allowed to post horse power figures at this point. but there will be multiple cam profiles from mild to wild.
but i can tell you guys that it makes serious horsepower and torque over the stock cams.

crower is also working in conjunction with hondata to bring all these items as a complete kit.

i seriously RECOMMEND that you gearheads wait for this as this will be the best out there, BAR NONE!! crower's name speaks for itself.

this posting was put up on 01/18/04

·
Premium Member
67,108 Posts
...interesting
do you have any idea when this kit might be released?

·
Gothic Hippie RSX tuner?
1,495 Posts
Re: camshaft remark

350z killer said:
crower is currently developing billet camshafts, heavy duty dual valve springs and retainers for the rsx type s.

i am currently working with crower and my ride is sporting prototype cams for the type s.

i am not allowed to post horse power figures at this point. but there will be multiple cam profiles from mild to wild.
but i can tell you guys that it makes serious horsepower and torque over the stock cams.

crower is also working in conjunction with hondata to bring all these items as a complete kit.

i seriously RECOMMEND that you gearheads wait for this as this will be the best out there, BAR NONE!! crower's name speaks for itself.

this posting was put up on 01/18/04
Jeez, how many threads are you going to post this in?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Re: camshaft remark

350z killer said:

Crower Honda cams are pieces of shit. A few guys have lost their entire motors because the crower's snapped in pieces.

I also find it cheesy that Crower is using your car and other customers cars to test cams and develop them. Other companies like Spoon, Mugen, and Toda buy their own DC5's and develop parts off. Crower is so freaking cheap and it shows in their Honda products.

·
Gothic Hippie RSX tuner?
1,495 Posts
Boy is there a whole lot of Crower bitch-slapping goin on. Give them a chance.

Just don't give them your car. LOL

1 - 20 of 36 Posts