Those numbers are really low

·
Registered
4,474 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry i had thought there was a drought of spec a cams dynos and didnt bother with a search

why i needed the dyno anyway is bcos i run an equivalent setup on my euro ctr and wanted to understand the power curve im now experiencing on the road- im glad the dip at 3900 is confirmed as i can def feel this vtec crossover on my toda ecu- its worth about 7hp from the graph not much mind you

wats great about the set up is the linearity of the pull all the way to 7800- so much more superior to stock which is erratic and yields little after 6100

if u compare the two curves both start close and widen more after 4000 rpm -continues to 6000rpm as stock closes a bit then widens again all the way to 7800

if a stock was racing the toda car it would be so frustrating as he might close gap a bit towards 6000rpm but then be left for dead!

the toda curve is very sweet with the hondata map!:)

·
Registered
327 Posts
BigDawg said:

Not really, the car baselined at 136hp stock, and with the cams and other parts it's at 187hp. That's 51hp gain which is on par with the Toda engine kit.

You're used to seeing dynapack numbers on this site, but the car tested here was on a different dyno, therefore the power figures are different, but what matters is the 51hp gain.

·
WyRbNdR
56 Posts
BigDawg said:
Thats my old car. The #'s are low because it was a Mustang Dyno. They DC5R Manifold was not installed at dyno time either, which is why the dyno stops at 7800 rpm's.

Zach

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,162 Posts
If it has the toda ECU flash why does the power stop at 7800? I don't have the mani either but does not drop staight off at 7800, it falls off a little but still goes to 8600.

·
Old School
3,823 Posts
eddie123 said:
If it has the toda ECU flash why does the power stop at 7800? I don't have the mani either but does not drop staight off at 7800, it falls off a little but still goes to 8600.
With the Toda kit and the stock k20a2 manifold, linear power stops producing above 7800. That doesn't mean the cutoff is at 7800. It just doesn't produce the power it should as with the k20a manifold.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
RSXTypeSNewb said:
With the Toda kit and the stock k20a2 manifold, linear power stops producing above 7800. That doesn't mean the cutoff is at 7800. It just doesn't produce the power it should as with the k20a manifold.
I think he knows that. His point is......With Hondata #4 and the stock intake manifold, power doesn't just drop at 7800rpm. It actually becomes quite flat all the way to 8600rpm.

·
Registered
14 Posts
51 whp gain for those mods is increidle, imagine some more external mods and then some headwork, and port matching, wowzers, talk about a killer beast, along with a type R tranny yummmyyy

·
Old School
3,823 Posts
APEXiTypes said:
I think he knows that. His point is......With Hondata #4 and the stock intake manifold, power doesn't just drop at 7800rpm. It actually becomes quite flat all the way to 8600rpm.
Ok, I undestand. I figure it's probably just how the dyno graph was setup.

·
Registered
767 Posts
the similar test had been run by todaracing on their engine kit, they gained 57whp
similar to this one

1 - 14 of 14 Posts