Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· K20
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already searched but i just want to know from the owners of these cams or people that would know. which one they think is better and makes more power? :thumbsup:

· Registered
1,313 Posts
The Toda cams are going to make more power, the question is, is it worth the extra money.

· Registered
1,313 Posts
RSX8600 said:
Thats what i thought but wasn't sure. Now if you have hondata u would have to get your ecu reflashed they say it's a 100 is that true?
With the either set of cams, your gonna want a different flash other then the #4 flash.

· Gothic Hippie RSX tuner?
666 Posts
APEXiTypes said:
...is it worth the extra money.
That seems to be the billion dollar question, doesn't it?

· Tyler
398 Posts
Maybe Type R cams, TODA valvesprings, and the Type R reflash? Or K-Pro and have fun tunig it yourself:) I wonder how well that stuff works with 91 octane. I ain't shelling out the extra $$ to buy higher octane gas all the time....hell 91 is about $2.10 a gallon here right now:jigglemad:

· Registered
259 Posts
2.10 that's cheap man. Our (Nor cal) regular 87 is 2.19 right now :( I have to pump gas for $2.39 a gallon (91 octane). Sux but oh well...it's life.

If I had the extra cash I'd definantly go Toda over the Type R because they will make more power. Depends on how JDM you are and what your overall goals are for the car.

· K20
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seems like toda would be better than the type-r cams. Now do i still need to get valve springs even though i have 03 which comes with the s2k valve springs? And these cams start vtec at 3900 and redline at 9000 right?

· Registered
6,274 Posts
RSX8600 said:
Seems like toda would be better than the type-r cams. Now do i still need to get valve springs even though i have 03 which comes with the s2k valve springs? And these cams start vtec at 3900 and redline at 9000 right?
yes you need the valvesprings still. if you got the R cams, you wouldnt. the more aggressive profile of the Toda's require Toda springs.

· K20
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah thats what i thought. Damn i wonder which one will be better i just havn't seen too many people with type-r cams that post numbers or show time slips from the track.

· K20
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Think type-r cams is the best way to go and bang for the buck. Toda might make a lil more but not worth the money as i saw when i searched some more. Well it should be the same as long as u got the parts to keep it save like the valve springs.

· Registered
6,274 Posts
RSX8600 said:
Think type-r cams is the best way to go and bang for the buck. Toda might make a lil more but not worth the money as i saw when i searched some more. Well it should be the same as long as u got the parts to keep it save like the valve springs.
:iamwiths:

i'm going type R b/c they can be had for MUCH less than todas. they are only shy a few ponies from the todas. the few extra HP is not worth alll the extra $$$.

· Registered
6,274 Posts
budz said:
With the money you save going with with the type r cams and flash, you can buy a type r intake manifold and better tires.
but where does this logic stop?

with the money you saved from not buying the rsx-s you can get a srt-4 into high 12s....

see what i'm saying? for those that arent going to race all out, Type R will be best, but if you want the most HP, it just gets more and more expensive for less and less HP, so dont skimp now. me personally i want a decently fast daily driver, thus the DCRH isntead of Toda, and Type R cams instead of toda.

· New car again...
850 Posts
RSX8600 said:
Jerry, why not go w/ the ITR cams rather than the Toda's? Like everyone else is saying, the money you would save versus Toda could get you a k-pro and ITR manifold. :driving:

· K20
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah i been looking at some threads and it's not worth the lil more power. Im most likely going to go with type-r cams/mani/kpro. Hey i thought the type-r cams rev to 9? i know j did, or is it set at 8800 and the tach is off on his car?

· New car again...
850 Posts
Yes, the tach is off by like 200rpms. Both Jeramy and Ramon's car revved to 9 grand, but it was really 8800. :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.