441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which kit gains more hp and torque?

need some advice

which kit is more relieble

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
if you got around $7500 i'd go for the hytech! 10,000redline, 280 (or more)whp, etc. Don't know about reliability though.

correct me if im wrong here. This is just what i picked up from reading diff. stuff

·
frank and beans!
1,916 Posts
well, unless hytech offers a warranty, there's no real benefit to going their route v.s. getting a system piece by piece.

although, the hytech kit will have a custom program, which will save you some in tuning costs.

·
iSauce- Tons of it 4vr
35,421 Posts
hytech has more power. but cost more then most cars installed

toda is about 40 whp less and about 6g less as well so spend the 6g for 50 more whp.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
TypeSFanatik said:
hytech has more power. but cost more then most cars installed

toda is about 40 whp less and about 6g less as well so spend the 6g for 50 more whp.
Not just that, but the Hytech kit will not pass emissions, runs 12:1 compression (versus Toda not even touching the bottom end;11:1), and would cost an arm and a leg to install.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Well, apples are nice, but I like oranges too...

Toda is just cams, springs, and an ECU. Hytech is a full engine kit. What do you think will perform better?

For reliability, no one can really say since no one has the Hytech kit. I've never heard of a Toda kit blowing.

·
1,200hp stable... Bitches
7,473 Posts
syle said:
For reliability, no one can really say since no one has the Hytech kit. I've never heard of a Toda kit blowing.
So did Hytech just waste a whole bunch of money in R&D since no one is touching their kit at all?

·
7,473 Posts
syle said:
No, they just haven't started selling it yet.
:wtf: What are they waiting for???!!! This kit has been takled about and analyzed maybe a million times. It's been tested and reviewed by Honda Tuning and other Rice mags. That's pretty ridiculous, but all the better for TODA, and CN. :dontknow:

·
Registered
13,782 Posts
They've hyped it, but never released it.

The power from Hytech comes from the cams and tuning. You can get similar results for a whole lot cheaper.

But yeah, it's hard to compare the two, since the Toda kit does not change the bottom end.

·
7,473 Posts
Glimpse said:
The power from Hytech comes from the cams and tuning. You can get similar results for a whole lot cheaper.
Yea I knew that from EDOs old posts. The only really good thing I've heard about the Hytech kit which could be biased was that with over 280whp it still maintains stock Type S drivability. Not that Toda's doesn't but it's not replacing everything and producing the crazy number Hytechs is.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
hytech > toda in both power and cost.
for the money i would go with toda only because it is cheaper though

·
Registered
154 Posts
If you are gonna change the bottom end, just use the s2000 rotating assembly. It will work with the K series b/c the f was developed with the k. you could keep the stock 2.0l and 9000 rpm safety with toda top end, or get the newer version and get 2.1l and keep the stock or 8600 rpm redline. surely the s2000 rotating assembly with the toda top end would equal or better the hytech kit, plus your getting genuine honda parts.

just my two cents thoough
Josh

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
FireHawk said:
If you are gonna change the bottom end, just use the s2000 rotating assembly. It will work with the K series b/c the f was developed with the k. you could keep the stock 2.0l and 9000 rpm safety with toda top end, or get the newer version and get 2.1l and keep the stock or 8600 rpm redline. surely the s2000 rotating assembly with the toda top end would equal or better the hytech kit, plus your getting genuine honda parts.

just my two cents thoough
Josh
But do the K20, F20,and F22 all have the same deck height? If not, then you're gonna at least need new rods. I personally plan on getting the 90.7 F22 crank and getting forged rods and pistons. Someone already has a plan to sell this and it should be under 2K ;)

·
Registered
154 Posts
They should have the same deck height, im not gonna swear to it but im 90% sure that the decks are the same heigth. But seriously, the bottom end on a NA car should almost be the last thing that needs to be done, if its for the street anyway.

My two cents though
Josh

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
syle said:
Well, apples are nice, but I like oranges too...

Toda is just cams, springs, and an ECU. Hytech is a full engine kit. What do you think will perform better?
Toda makes a few more things than that. Imagine this setup and how quickly it adds up:

Toda Spec N2 cams $1150
Toda Valvesprings $400
Toda race header & swaybar $1295
Toda 12.5 cr pistons $1080 ($2920 if you include the Toda connecting rods)
Toda head gasket $220
Toda clutch/flywheel kit $1010
Toda ITBs $TBD... let's say $3000
Hondata reprogrammable ECU $995 + tuning time $500

I think this would get you to 260 whp or more, but you would spend over $10K in the process!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
- - - - - - -
3,186 Posts
I love the results from Hytech, but I have an a small kink in the back of my neck of this company. Just being that they use American parts in a high compression engine. Iunno, it's prolly just me, but I just don't trust the reliability of American cars/parts at all. Someone from Hytech of with knowledge please but me at ease...

1 - 20 of 60 Posts