Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Rawwrrr!
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm in need of some electrical expertise. I tried to search, but no luck. Member name 'BlackandBlue' seems to know his electrical and I will probably PM if he doesn't see this, but it's open to anyone.

I am looking to add a toggle switch to my reverse lights with this functionality in mind: Reverse lights works when in trans is in reverse OR when I use the toggle. I don't want people to misunderstand and think I'm trying to disable the reverse lights while in reverse.

I just don't want to fry anything or hurt the car.

Given that, can I splice in a toggle that would be left off usually and then switched on (basically just bypassing the back-up light switch) when I want to use the reverse lights?

My worry is that I would freak out the ECU if I'm driving forward and suddenly the ECU thinks I'm in reverse. As far as I can tell, the RSX's wiring wouldn't care, but that's why I ask.

Expertise is appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
i really dont think your ecu would know a difference as it doesnt seem like there would be a reason to use it, but if for some reason it did mess with it, this would keep the current from effecting it...

the bottom relay would be a normally closed (N.C) relay.

·
Rawwrrr!
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help, now I've just got to learn to read those schematics easier and figure where to buy the parts you call out. /noob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.