Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
5,021 Posts

for those too cheap to buy a breaker bar, pvc pipes make good extension to get more torque out of a regular hand ratchet. my ghetto honda friends passed down this sacred knowledge in my first oil changes, and i am still grateful for the lesson to this day.

·
Former Mod-Still a God
209,103 Posts

for those too cheap to buy a breaker bar, pvc pipes make good extension to get more torque out of a regular hand ratchet. my ghetto honda friends passed down this sacred knowledge in my first oil changes, and i am still grateful for the lesson to this day.
I have dont that many times except with a 2ft piece of metal pipe :thumbsup:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Alot of floor jacks ive seen have 2 peice handles, including mine and i just take one of the handle peices from it and theres my breaker bar works every time.

·
Registered
562 Posts
crowfoot sockets. helps me out with tightening bolts and nuts in awkward areas such that found on top mount turbo manifolds for example.

those open end crowfoots suck balls. they'll get the job done if you work at the dealership and work on cars that are only a few years old tops.

i'm a huge snap-on guy and my whole tool box consists of snap on tools. being in canada has it's benefits :). when i'm in school training (2 months a year, 3 years total) i get 20-40% off snap on tools. my philosophy is that you will be using these tools to make a living for the rest of your career, why not use the best?

·
The CRSX Philosopher
3,796 Posts
i have a brass tube about a foot long and 2inch diameter i use to beat stuff, and shock the shit out of it. the tube with a 5pound mallet is about 8pounds, plus the momentum, and will not mushroom the ends of threads, because the brass is a weaker metal.

i use it all the time on ball joints and tie rods, anything with tapered fits.

·
Registered
121 Posts

Pitman Arm Puller @ Autozone for $14 the best for stubborn tie rods and ball joints.

·
Registered
562 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
lol cheap pry bars are dangerous. they're not too durable. one day you're gunna pry on something hard and when it snaps, either you're going to fly into something that will hurt you or have it come back and smoke you.
I hear you. But with 20+ reviews and most are great, I am not too concerned. One guys had them for 10 years beat the shit out of them and still going. I'm not going to try and move any mountains with them, so I think I'll be alright. For the price it was a great investment.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Tip my Dad learned from a trucker:

Cheater bars are just expensive pipes that you can get from broken stuff :)

Put it on the end of your wrench to get some extra extension ;)

Also, for the Phillips screws on your rotors, you can take a phillips bit and hammer it into the screw first before trying to remove it.

Then you take a socket that fits the bit and a small ratchet and turn to the left!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts