Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 581 Posts

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
IMO u need cai badly.
Haha yea.. I used to run a CAI and I can say without a doubt even without dynoing I know that the CAI makes more dyno (my butt-dyno tells me so). Actually I still have it in my garage but I choose not to run it because I find that my short ram benefits outweighs those of cold air intake (for my preferences of course and I am not aiming for most power possible).

And yea I bet the heatsoak I get isn't nearly as bad as some of you guys down south. :p

·
13,138 Posts
yah i remember. dont worry.

man, the other day i got 1 knock during cruising. i dont know why either. it was a bit cold that night but i never got it before. i'm thinking excess valvetrain noise now. we wont know until i do head swap.

and after head swap and tuning. if all goes well, i'll probably saving for a new turbo. see if i can hit that 350whp. lol i'm retard.

·
13,138 Posts
yah, he needs to street tune me. all my tunes were on dyno. but kevin, yo ass is still running open loop right? cuz i remember u still dont have a copy of your tune?

but its def not my tune tho. we tried it, one run would have no knocks, and then the next would have 14 knocks, and then again 4 knocks. My knocks are inconsistent. so dont know if they're real knocks or not.

Hondata recently said something about needing to reset ECU in between tuning adjustments.

·
Go Spurs Go!!
350 Posts
Do you f/i bases have any trans issues or any mentionable issues? Im seriously considering going turbo but I want to know whats going on with yalls.
thanks

·
Snatch That Basket
708 Posts
New #'s for me and a final dyno sheet on Monday. I don't get how you made all that power @ 14.5 psi Aftershock? Must be the 28rs compared to my sc3431?

Only thing I see way different is that because of my RBC the power had no fade whatsoever towards redline, it could of gone until like 9k. (Building valvetrain anyone?).

I wonder what the main different in our setups are, turbo is only thing I could think of.

61 - 80 of 581 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.