Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i noticed the torn mount after installing my CAI about a month ago and since then its been ok until yesterday and today.then today i found a piece of the mount hangin off it ...so i pulled it off..every time i shift my whole car jerkys horrible and im easing on the cluth and being nice with it....i am in desperate need of a new tranny mount....do they make aftermarket tranny mounts ? were and cost? +rep 4 help

:(

·
700+ HP Club!!!
2,671 Posts
Innovative Street Mounts, their in the CRSX store

Reactions: uNREAL

·
Retired OG
147,491,194 Posts
Reactions: uNREAL

·
Retired OG
147,491,194 Posts
do you know about how much a shop would charge to install them
good price $100, expensive $250

find something that you can trust in that range...maybe you could find an RSX'r close to you that could help install for some cash

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i know theres about 5 clubrsx peeps in richmond lol...but i dont know any of them...285$ for the street kit is ok....do you know how much for just a stock tranny mount ?

·
Retired OG
147,491,194 Posts

·
Retired OG
147,491,194 Posts

·
Retired OG
147,491,194 Posts
probley jus go with the stock one for 60$....how hard is the install if i do it myself :dontknow:
4 bolts, 3 on the mount and one that goes through the mount...replace, tighten and done

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,087 Posts
Hard shifts/wheel hop will do it.

But with the inserts or full mounts enough stress is taken off that the stock tranny mount is fine.

·
7,611 Posts
Damn, I just threw my original tranny mount away after waiting 6 months for someone to snatch it up! No interest = into the dumpster.

I recommend Innovatives, if you can afford it. If you're going to keep the car for a long time, I def recommend Innovatives.

Interesting - it's usually the front and sometimes the rear OEM mounts that tear. Anyone else here heard of a trans mount breaking? If so, were the front and rear still intact?

·
Registered
224 Posts
good luck with that

1 - 20 of 22 Posts