Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately in early April I got in an accident which totaled the car. I was in the hospital for two weeks, and in the ICU unconscious for a week but fortunately I was the only one injured and now I'm a lot better and will be 100% in a few weeks. I don't remember the accident at all, it feels like nothing ever happened to me and it's driving me crazy because I want to know what happened. Apparently I somehow ran off the road, flipped my car and then hit a tree. Attached are cell phone pics of the car. It's obviously totaled but didn't look as bad as I thought considering how injured I was.

Anyone have any suggestions on a nice safe car?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
damn sorry to hear that...

·
SUN DEVILS!
366 Posts
speeding, racing, drunk ?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Like I said I don't remember any of it. I don't remember the day of it or a few days before and I don't even remember ever being at the hospital except for a few things here and there. I don't have memory of it or shortly before or after because of a head injury.

It was on a 2 lane road (1 lane in each direction) so I wasn't racing, I've never street raced anyway so I doubt i'd start that morning. I wasn't drunk because according to the police report they drug/alcohol tested by blood test and it came out clean which does not surprise me (it happened just after 8am, i was driving to work so I doubt i was drunk and I don't do drugs). I don't doubt I was going 5 to 10 mph over but I doubt it was anything excessive, but it's a possibility. :confused:

G

·
You are alive: That's all that matters. In days gone by, I have momentarily fallen asleep at the wheel a couple of times and drifted onto the shoulder. Idiot's luck that I am still here today, but your results could have been mine. There will always be other cars.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Like I said I don't remember any of it. I don't remember the day of it or a few days before and I don't even remember ever being at the hospital except for a few things here and there. I don't have memory of it or shortly before or after because of a head injury.

It was on a 2 lane road (1 lane in each direction) so I wasn't racing, I've never street raced anyway so I doubt i'd start that morning. I wasn't drunk because according to the police report they drug/alcohol tested by blood test and it came out clean which does not surprise me (it happened just after 8am, i was driving to work so I doubt i was drunk and I don't do drugs). I don't doubt I was going 5 to 10 mph over but I doubt it was anything excessive, but it's a possibility. :confused:
Alien abduction? :eek: Any lost time? :squinty:

Anal probe? :giggitygiggity: Or evidence there of? :ugh:

I’m glade your OK! From the looks of the car it was serious. No evidence of another car involved? An animal? Space craft?

Kiss the ones close to you, them how much you love them and go to church to say thank you. Just don’t start donating all your money, use that to buy another RSX. :vtec:

·
no time to drive the RSX
6,838 Posts
Glad you are OK, but sounds like you fell asleep behind the wheel. < It's common >

·
&#51004;&#50500;
3,363 Posts
Alien abduction? :eek: Any lost time? :squinty:

Anal probe? :giggitygiggity: Or evidence there of? :ugh:

I’m glade your OK! From the looks of the car it was serious. No evidence of another car involved? An animal? Space craft?

Kiss the ones close to you, them how much you love them and go to church to say thank you. Just don’t start donating all your money, use that to buy another RSX. :vtec:
damn aliens

·
Long Live RSX
482 Posts
Thank God you have a second chance.
The RSX is a safe car...that's another reason you're alive.
When you are driving...concentrate on that until you get to your destination.
Good Luck!

·
&#51076;&#45796;&#45768;&#50648;
1,674 Posts
Wow..I'm glad you're ok.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts