Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Totaled :(

Tags
totaled
2K views 41 replies 36 participants last post by  Guardian 
#1 ·
Unfortunately in early April I got in an accident which totaled the car. I was in the hospital for two weeks, and in the ICU unconscious for a week but fortunately I was the only one injured and now I'm a lot better and will be 100% in a few weeks. I don't remember the accident at all, it feels like nothing ever happened to me and it's driving me crazy because I want to know what happened. Apparently I somehow ran off the road, flipped my car and then hit a tree. Attached are cell phone pics of the car. It's obviously totaled but didn't look as bad as I thought considering how injured I was.

Anyone have any suggestions on a nice safe car?

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
damn sorry to hear that...

#8 ·
Like I said I don't remember any of it. I don't remember the day of it or a few days before and I don't even remember ever being at the hospital except for a few things here and there. I don't have memory of it or shortly before or after because of a head injury.

It was on a 2 lane road (1 lane in each direction) so I wasn't racing, I've never street raced anyway so I doubt i'd start that morning. I wasn't drunk because according to the police report they drug/alcohol tested by blood test and it came out clean which does not surprise me (it happened just after 8am, i was driving to work so I doubt i was drunk and I don't do drugs). I don't doubt I was going 5 to 10 mph over but I doubt it was anything excessive, but it's a possibility. :confused:

#11 ·
Alien abduction? :eek: Any lost time? :squinty:

Anal probe? :giggitygiggity: Or evidence there of? :ugh:

I’m glade your OK! From the looks of the car it was serious. No evidence of another car involved? An animal? Space craft?

Kiss the ones close to you, them how much you love them and go to church to say thank you. Just don’t start donating all your money, use that to buy another RSX. :vtec:

G
#10 ·
You are alive: That's all that matters. In days gone by, I have momentarily fallen asleep at the wheel a couple of times and drifted onto the shoulder. Idiot's luck that I am still here today, but your results could have been mine. There will always be other cars.

#13 ·
Glad you are OK, but sounds like you fell asleep behind the wheel. < It's common >

#19 ·
Wow..I'm glad you're ok.

#21 · (Edited)
That sucks. Its good to see you are okay. But if people would stop getting in accidents and totaling there RSX's all of our insurances would drop. These are the reasons our cars are on the top ten most expensive cars to insure. FUCK INSURANCE COMPANIES

#23 ·
Insurance companies are out of their minds. USAA is the cheapest I found but I think you have to be military or government to get it through them. I got fed up with the high insurance for ful coverage so I dropped itdown to semi-liability. Hitting an animal, theft or vandalizing is all covered, just like on full coverage but the only difference is if I wreck I have to pay for it... It dropped it from $945 every 6 months to $329. I'm confident that I wont have an at fault. I havent for the past 8 years anyway.

#28 ·
Well everythings already been said, but yeah my guess would be you fell asleep at the wheel. I used to drift off like that sometimes in my automatic beater, it's real scary... especially when you're fighting off the sleepiness. Best thing to do if you're in a serious case scenario like that is just call into work and say you can barely drive and you're going to take a quick nap on the side of the road & be late.

Better late to work than not at work ever again...

Good luck with your recovery, man.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.