Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got car bak from mechanic tonite with Toda spec a's springs and manifold plus sway bar and caspers o2 sim

custom hondata toda ecu will be put in tmorrow

mods so far:

injen cai
hondata custom toda ecu
toda spec a cams
toda springs
toda manifold
caspers o2 sim
hondata intake gasket
magnex catbak exhaust

full report to follow soon!

:)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ps left the toda lightweight flywheel and thin head gasket to later wen do clutch

·
I AM ELECTRIC HEAD
3,521 Posts
congrats man my toda header will be here next week so lemm know how u like it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeh cant wait to test it tmorrow- its midnite here now

i'll let u al know how it performs but i know its gonna be special !

ive waited 3 mths for this project to come together

·
I AM ELECTRIC HEAD
3,521 Posts
yea i dont have the cams or the valve springs but i do have some goodies on it so im hoping for some good gains :D

·
Registered
219 Posts
alanb said:
yeh cant wait to test it tmorrow- its midnite here now

i'll let u al know how it performs but i know its gonna be special !

ive waited 3 mths for this project to come together
Man I dont think I could wait till morning ;)
I would be out there just a bit tonight....lol
Go blast past Sean Kelly's house :eek:

·
Little engine that could
5,122 Posts
:iamwiths:

·
Gothic Hippie RSX tuner?
1,495 Posts
All that on a K20A2 with something like 570 lbs less weight, right?

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
alanb said:
just got car bak from mechanic tonite with Toda spec a's springs and manifold plus sway bar and caspers o2 sim

mods so far:

injen cai
hondata custom toda ecu
toda spec a cams
toda springs
toda manifold
caspers o2 sim
hondata intake gasket
magnex catbak exhaust

how much did all those mods cost you ? and how much WHP did u gain...? I just curious and want to know.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well just back from a thorough testing of my new toda package and by god does the car fly!

its almost scary how quik 60 comes up and the engine just wants to keep pulling and pulling(btw cars just pull out of the way instinctively now!)

throttle response is vastly improved and i belive stanwan used the best word: 'uncorked' -it just feels that way u put foot down fast and at 3900 rpm vtec kicks in -massive fun around town!

noise- mmmmmmmmmmm they were waiting two towns away for me coming!

actually noise is fine until u boot it- the absence of the cat and the hondata program means car roars earlier in range and louder

it turns everyones heads

thers a nice rally car throttle/exhaust blowbak too as u accel/decel-it burbles more!

i dont hear the intake or the cams anymore-sound is exhaust dominant but theres a strange phenomenon now at vtec- insted of a high pitched whine the magnex muffler growls!

its almost turbo like and paradoxical coming at the higher rev range

the other thing is i can feel the old vtec crossover more in this program just like the original car ie a dip then a surge at either 3900 or 5200 depending on throttle position

now all these acoustics fool ur concepts of speed and power and initially i felt i was losing power at vtec becos the muffler started to growl but i learnt to drive thru it and watching speedo/revs alone seemed to confirm everything was ok however.............

i think the old magnex back box is struggling on the high cam-with no cat, the scavenging of exhaust gases is severe and i reckon thers a bottleneck inside the muffler and im not optimal-stanwan discovered this too with his greddy and i def feel i need to upgrade

the sound at and after vtec is not right in my opinion(its actually weird and a bit emabarrasing ) and i think there may be flowbak occurring which is limiting the potential of the car-stan was losing 20hp due to a one inch greddy!

i dont think its my imagination just becos the sound is changing although the restoration of the old vtec kick means there is a real dip as the cams change but the noise is unusual

to play safe i'll either do a new cat bak or back box only if the abp mid pipe is up to it

thers also a serious issue re the heat of the toda mani and i think i'll get it wrapped b4 my bonnet melts!

now suggestions please for THE BEST CATBACK IN THE UNIVERSE

might have to go for a buddy club

:dontknow:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the set up im using above should add 53 hp to the car ie 250hp at the fly or 225 whp roughly-duplicates the honda tuning test rsx mods except for exhaustThey used a mugen.

it cost me about £4500 to date for everthing or $7500 but this includes a spare ecu ($1200) and flywheel ($700) not on yet and which u dont necessarily need to do

remember once u already have mods its really only the incremental costs that are relevant and as u know the toda kit is $2350(or $1800 existing hondata customer) and say $1300 for toda mani means u could have same for about $4000 always assuming u already have intake and exhaust

·
I AM ELECTRIC HEAD
3,521 Posts
yea now i just need 1800 will u let me borrow it :laughing:

congrats :thumbsup:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Doesn't Toda use the Mugen catback with this setup? I think that would be cool. Oops, just saw you already said that in your prior post.

Nonetheless, your car sounds awesome. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes they used mugen but which one?

also rsx is longer than euro civic type r

so cant necessarily duplicate

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
alanb said:

mods so far:

injen cai
hondata custom toda ecu
toda spec a cams
toda springs
toda manifold
caspers o2 sim
hondata intake gasket
magnex catbak exhaust

you lucky bastard:thumbsup:

·
_
572 Posts
So far I have heard of the magnaflow and one of the greddy exhausts having a 1" bottleneck....

Makes me wonder which other catbacks have the same problem.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts