Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Governor of Calilfornia
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just realized that I had left my bottle of touchup paint in the garage over winter, and it has likely been frozen. It is right now 100% completely separated and I'm wondering if it's still safe to use..

·
Registered
262 Posts
RJC RSX said:
i think a member on here was selling them
Yea some guy on RSX Zone was also selling them a while back for $15 . My dealership has them, but not all colors.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I plan on getting a clear bra installed this week, so I took some time this weekend to clean up the front end of the car.

Basically, I cleaned the chip spots, dabbed with the touch-up pen, and then used one of Meguier's cleaner waxes to smooth out the touchup area.

It doesn't look perfect, but it looks better than it did chipped up.

I'll go over it again tonight to make sure I didn't miss any, then I'm set!

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
Personally, I think you should take the touch up bottle and keep it in room temperature for a few days. Then shake the bottle vigorously till the substances blend together. If it looks fine, it probably is. The same thing happens with nail polish.

I haven't tried out any of the pens, but I will suggest if you have the bottle to invest in a few small brushes that can be found at your local arts/crafts store and use them instead of the thick/useless brush that comes with the bottle. That brush is simply too clumpy and awkward to be used for such fine work as paint care.

·
Governor of Calilfornia
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks EternalBlue:)

I've tried touchup pens and I find they don't work as well as some careful work with a brush.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts