Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so within the next month or so, I will be getting rid of the old rsx and purchasing a new car to abuse. For me there are only two options, WRX or EVO. The problem is that I can only afford either the regular wrx, or the base model evo. Now I'm sure that most people would automatically say evo, BUT, I have put away some money for mods to get right away, and this is my big question........ would you rather have a wrx with 10000 dollars to put into it right away or an evo with 5000 dollars to put into it right away?:confused:

·
9k FTW
3,196 Posts
wrx any day of the week. Evos are much to temperamental IMHO

·
Com
2,120 Posts
Well think of it this way. Would you rather have a civic k20 and mods. or a rsx-s with less money but some mods. The rsx already has bigger brakes, better suspension, stronger engine, better interior, Better exterior, and etc etc. Same with the wrx and the evo.

·
I am not a senior member.
456 Posts
wouldnt it be smarter to use the money that you have for mods to upgrade to an sti or a higher model evo. the sti price is only about 8-9 thousand more than a wrx. if you have 10 thousand dollars saved up why not just put that towards the car? dont wanna sound rude but thats what id do.

·
Banned
4,449 Posts
OK RSX + Money in pocket > Base evo or Base WRX

If you don't have to upgrade at all I wouldn't

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I probably could afford to get an STi, which would be amazing, but it is just too damn tempting to know what a badass wrx I could build right away. I mean, I could do basically everything I would want, such as drop in turbo (20G, VF39) and ALL the necassary upgrades to go along with the turbo, minor internal work, wheels, exterior and interior mods, suspension, just really everything. An STi would be cool, but I would never have money to mod it. And I'm really not looking to go far past 350 hp, so it just seems a little more wise to go with a wrx which would be a highly modded, decent horsepower daily driver. But I just don't know, i'll probably never decide.

·
Registered
209 Posts
umm throw all that money into your 401k and a roth IRA or invest it yourself....you'll thank me up and down when you're ready to retire
:thumbsup:

·
Subaru Member
601 Posts
WRX.

Even today, Subaru's still seem much less maint stream than Evo's. I may be biased, but this is an honest answer. I hear that Evo's can make better/easier power though.

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
Alright, so within the next month or so, I will be getting rid of the old rsx and purchasing a new car to abuse. For me there are only two options, WRX or EVO. The problem is that I can only afford either the regular wrx, or the base model evo. Now I'm sure that most people would automatically say evo, BUT, I have put away some money for mods to get right away, and this is my big question........ would you rather have a wrx with 10000 dollars to put into it right away or an evo with 5000 dollars to put into it right away?:confused:
If you have enough for a regular wrx with 10k left over, get the STI, it has goodies you can't put on aftermarket, the tranny, being the main thing. Plus if you want to mod it afterwards, it's a better platform, bigger displacement motor plus it looks sexy as hell out of the box, brakes, power, torque, seats, six speed, they all own the regular wrx.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
a-men to that! IRA it is!

Or you could actually spend it now and have fun with it instead of saying yea i have all this money that i get in 50 years. I quit my last job and took the 7k out of the 401k instead of rolling it over and boy was i happy. Never know, ya might not make it to retirement and someone else will get to spend your money. At the rate we're going our generation will be working well into our 70's.

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
Oh my god WRX + 10k any day of any week of any month of any year.

WRX >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> evo

·
Thrilla in Manila
6,016 Posts
I've driven both a 2006 WRX and 2006 Evo 9. Both modded.

I suggest you buy an Evo 9. Responds well to mods and already fast. 5000 on an evo 9 will most certainly walk most cars out there. But if you must buy the WRX, get the STI atleast. Trust me on this.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts