Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I recently took off my sunroof visor to clean the dirt and grime that was starting to build up in there. The car has only 4k on it so it wasn't that much stuff. It's an Acura RSX Type S and the paint is white. Well once i cleaned it all off and rinsed it off, i found a slight yellow stain running in the formation of where the sunroof visor was mounted. I tried to get it out with Meguiar Wax, didn't help. I tried regular car wash with a slightly rougher mitt and didn't help. I even tried bug and tar remover on it...still didn't help. I was told that perhaps the adhesive from the the sunroof visor had stained the paint and that maybe a polish could help. I'm going to pick up the recommended polish which was meguiar's color X tommorrow and giving it a try.

I was wondering if any of you guys have had this same problem and how did you deal with it? Also any suggestions of any kind would be great. I really appreciate it

::::MODS:::: would appreciate it if you would leave this here instead of the Car Care section seeing as how this could be a common problem for alot of PWP owners that remove the sunroof visor.

·
7,611 Posts
Yeah, try that polish. Some stains won't come out, hopefully yours will.

I bought my EBP used with a moonroof visor installed. I removed it as soon as I bought the car. There wasn't any stain, but the rubber weatherstrip on the visor left permanent chafe marks in the paint.

Good luck!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, try that polish. Some stains won't come out, hopefully yours will.

I bought my EBP used with a moonroof visor installed. I removed it as soon as I bought the car. There wasn't any stain, but the rubber weatherstrip on the visor left permanent chafe marks in the paint.

Good luck!

Exactly i have the chafe marks too followed with an ever so lightly colored yellow stain running in the formation of the sunroof visor. :thumbsdow It sucks since i'm a clean freak

1 - 3 of 3 Posts