Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
i like it! i really hope that toyota/subaru don't fuck this up. this has the prime ingredients to be the best sub $25k car. rwd, low mounted boxer engine, possible turbocharged model.

·
O.G. '02 RSX-S
5,645 Posts
I sure hope they stick to the proposed price and don't mess up this car. It's the only car that excites me that's coming out.

·
RSXDriver thrice removed
9,990 Posts
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/...ill-be-badged-as-a-scion-priced-at-25000.html

Toyota‘s FT-86 Concept will make it to market as a Scion in North America, likely sporting the name FR-S. According to a report by the Wall Street Journal, Toyota dealers were made aware of the decision by the corporate brass at a recent meeting in Las Vegas.

The decision help build-up the Scion brand, with a new flagship RWD model, however, it won’t help Toyota as it seeks to rebrand itself as a more youth-focused company. The other down-side of this revelation is news that the Scion FR-S could cost as much as $25,000 – significantly more than the $20,000 price tag originally promised.

According to other reports the Scion FR-S could get a 2.5-liter version of the Subaru boxer 4-cylinder in the U.S. while other markets are likely to get the 2.0-liter version.

The official reveal of the production model Scion FR-S is likely to occur at the 2011 New York Auto Show.
Sigh

·
Premium Member
430,557 Posts
looks kinda hot, remind me of the new gtr a bit by the way its design.

·
Andy wuz here
19,454 Posts
seen these pics before, not new

·
Super Moderator
23,885 Posts
such a sexy beast... I hope they don't shaft us in the US

·
Slow and FWD
1,755 Posts
If this was next to the new TC and relatively close in price, I can't see anyone remotely thinking about a TC.

I was super exited for this as an alternative for to the 370z, but the Scion news is depressing. I really hope the subbie version is awd or at least turbo. A litter turboed RWD (or even AWD) car that's not an ugly 4-door like the STI and EVO is a welcomed change!

·
U JELLY?
2,918 Posts
If this was next to the new TC and relatively close in price, I can't see anyone remotely thinking about a TC.

I was super exited for this as an alternative for to the 370z, but the Scion news is depressing. I really hope the subbie version is awd or at least turbo. A litter turboed RWD (or even AWD) car that's not an ugly 4-door like the STI and EVO is a welcomed change!
but the tC is around 16k to low 20k, But the FT86 is around 20k to 25k. Is more of a RSX Price car.

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
Why do y'all make a big deal over the news it may be branded scion not toyota? Just JDM the bitch and slap a toyota decal on lol. Can't be much easier than what the JDM crew does with "A" to "H" logoes on our RSX's :rotfl:

If my memory serves correctly. US won't get a subie version only "toyota or scion" but idk they may have changed their minds...still though 2.5 liter? I like 2 better :D

·
M30W
1,469 Posts
I recently read in the newspaper that toyota just retrademarked the supra name.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts