Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Big Pimpin
15,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new one, and I'm not buying a whole damn throttle body for it. Anyone here know where to get an OEM one or an aftermarket OEM quality part? I searched around on google and can't find anything worthwhile. Thanks for the help.

·
spicy
10,841 Posts
i doubt anyone makes an OEM replacement TPS...

junkyard a type S TB, but good luck with that cuz they usually dont sell it seperate from the whole motor.

·
Big Pimpin
15,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
i doubt anyone makes an OEM replacement TPS...

junkyard a type S TB, but good luck with that cuz they usually dont sell it seperate from the whole motor.
I know a junkyard won't, they only sell parts the same way a dealer does. I know hayward makes TPS sensors for their ITB's, but I have a feeling it's a different sorta sensor. I might contact them though. I've looked around a bit, see what some of these places say. Only problem with getting it from a junkyard is most of those cars were in accidents, probably rear ending someone or something, and that would destroy the TPS easily.

Sorry dude, I already got the memo about the TPS reports.
*Sigh* :shakehead Just curious if you know what a TPS sensor is at all.

*Edit*
Well, it was worth a shot but hayward only has TPS sensors for their systems. Oh well.

·
Hi there
696 Posts
He was joking around, office space reference.

Anywho i dont think you can replace the TPS without doing the whole throttle body. I believe the TPS sensor is rivoted onto the body and therefore it cannot be replaced. I could be wrong id have to go outside to verify.

·
Big Pimpin
15,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He was joking around, office space reference.

Anywho i dont think you can replace the TPS without doing the whole throttle body. I believe the TPS sensor is rivoted onto the body and therefore it cannot be replaced. I could be wrong id have to go outside to verify.
oh I know it's from office space. "Say hello to LUMBERG FOR ME!"

yes it is riveted, but mine is not anymore (non stock TB, swapped sensors over). Argh, I might just have to buy a stock one and be stuck with a sensorless stock TB, an aftermarket 70mm BDL, and a new stock TB. Heh.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.