Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
leave it on the track
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new(ish) to autocross and am doing my first track day this summer and I understand tthatrthe rsx dosent have the easiest sSuspension to set up well. Right now Ighave my awful d2 rs coilovers, a 23mm eibach rear sway bar, and that's aboutit wwhen it comes to Suspension. So I was just wondering what wouldbe good sSuspension to replace the d2's, koni, gc, buddy club, kw, etc. Or any other ttips for the rsx like aalignment and things.
-jack ,

·
Banned
526 Posts
if I could id go back to my stock suspension all day and throw a set of tein s tech lowering springs on there....but Im stuck with my equally awful racelands and their inconsistent spring rates....
I guess the best suspension is either BC, Buddy CLub or Fortune, or tein obviously. that's what everyone recommends
get a proper alignment (factory) and get some good tires, these make the biggest difference for what youre doing, o and good brakes

·
leave it on the track
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if I could id go back to my stock suspension all day and throw a set of tein s tech lowering springs on there....but Im stuck with my equally awful racelands and their inconsistent spring rates....
I guess the best suspension is either BC, Buddy CLub or Fortune, or tein obviously. that's what everyone recommends
get a proper alignment (factory) and get some good tires, these make the biggest difference for what youre doing, o and good brakes
why on earth did you buy racelands :confused:

·
Cole me on the panny sty.
1,245 Posts
If you also DD your car i would suggest and research Konis or KWs. Most other off the shelf brands such as D2s, Ksports, Buddy Clubs are not that great of a shock when looking for performance driving and daily driving.

·
After930Performance
1,193 Posts
Ok so I've been AutoX for a while now, and aside from cruddy tires some of the more experienced and well-respected drivers have told me I need to run more camber. Now I have adjustable camber arms in the rear, but my from camber plates only give me about -1.5 degrees of camber. I had the front camber bolts but it seemed like after so many events my camber would "self-adjust" so I pulled them out and ran normal bolts. So my question is, how can I make a better camber adjustment on the front? And yes I am running D2 suspension and would like to get something better...when money permits.

·
Cone Killer
517 Posts
Possibly bring-this-thread-back-from-the-dead bump? Or is there a better autocross suspension tuning thread?
just doing a quick search I found this thread, check it out:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=1191505

I've been AutoX'ing for 2 seasons with S-Tech/stock strut combo. Recently I switched to BC coilovers but have yet to try them on the track (first event of the season this Sunday). Like most of us, I'm in the lookout for more camber in the front.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts