Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 650 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I did my first track day of the year in a R32 Skyline GT-R. It turns out that counter steering through every turn is not the fastest way around the track; although, it's definitely the funnest.

·
Fat Free
559 Posts
I did my first track day of the year in a R32 Skyline GT-R. It turns out that counter steering through every turn is not the fastest way around the track; although, it's definitely the funnest.
your GT-R or someone elses?

·
Fat Free
559 Posts
but FWD countersteer is better! haha

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Nah. GT-R countersteer is better. Cause of the way the AWD system functions, the car drives like a very oversteery FWD once power starts going to the front. That thing will be loads of fun once he puts his OS Giken 1 way in the front (has a Kaaz 2 way in the back right now but he's thinking of switching to a OS Giken 1.5 to match the OS Giken front diff).

·
Registered
557 Posts
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showpost.php?p=54469802&postcount=188

My attempt to run 2" brake ducts. Not the best routing but better than nothing. Ran the passenger side next to the crank pulley behind the fender liner and strapped the rest on the control arm. Driver side I had to route it around around the CAI and behind the fender liner and then strapped the rest to the control arm. It's pretty much aimed at the ball joint but hopefully enough fresh air hits the rotor behind it.

·
Fat Free
559 Posts
in on juan

damn socal weather! we could only track 365 days a year!

but you have crappy gas and naziesque carb and emissions control crap to deal with!

(just trying to make myself feel better, cries in spanish)

edit:
for the record I also hate you for the canyon roads you guys have. Big Tahunga is awesome!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I've since given up on buying RE71Rs. Makes no sense to spend money on them when they're no longer competitive tires here due to the Japanese gymkhana tire arms race going on recently.

Tire Rack has a special on RS3s right now, so I think RS3s are gonna be ordered. Think I'll do 245/40/17 in the front and 225/45/17 in the rear.

·
Lakers gonna lake
10,671 Posts
but you have crappy gas and naziesque carb and emissions control crap to deal with!

(just trying to make myself feel better, cries in spanish)

edit:
for the record I also hate you for the canyon roads you guys have. Big Tahunga is awesome!
you win some you lose some :weeeeeeeeee::weeeeeeeeee:

I'm on 255/225 RS3s.. love these tires

·
Fat Free
559 Posts
I've since given up on buying RE71Rs. Makes no sense to spend money on them when they're no longer competitive tires here due to the Japanese gymkhana tire arms race going on recently.

Tire Rack has a special on RS3s right now, so I think RS3s are gonna be ordered. Think I'll do 245/40/17 in the front and 225/45/17 in the rear.
Lol... really? After all the shit you gave me about rs3's?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
you win some you lose some :weeeeeeeeee::weeeeeeeeee:

I'm on 255/225 RS3s.. love these tires
Did you have to pull the fenders at all to fit 255s under there? I'm wanting to go with the 245s cause I don't know how the 255s will fit and I don't really want to mount 255s on a 8.5" wheel. Also I'd like to keep my fender liners and fenders as they are.

Lol... really? After all the shit you gave me about rs3's?
I just said lol @ grip city in the context of RS3s. 71Rs would be better for you, but for me, it appears there's no point in spending the extra $20 something per tire. Less grip might actually be better in the long run anyways. Grip plus clutch pack LSDs combined with tight turns can often mean instant death for CV joints in FWDs.

·
Registered
159 Posts

What tires are beating the RE71R?

·
Fat Free
559 Posts
1 - 20 of 650 Posts