381 - 400 of 650 Posts

·
Fat Free
559 Posts
pretty sure a clean ITR already fetches 30k in the US

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Well, got my money for the Integra. Gonna miss that car, but not gonna miss working on it. DB8 idea might be out the window. Friend can't find one on the dealer auctions. They're rare, but I didn't think not at auction rare. So my only chance is to either buy one already listed (don't want to pay $10k for a 20 year old Integra), wait a long ass time with no car and keep looking, or find something else. Emailed a dude about an EK9. Don't want another 2 door car, and I hated the last EK9 I had (mostly cause the suspension on it sucked massive dick, and a B16 is B16), but his is insanely clean and if I can talk him down to the price I want to spend then I will gladly deal with not having a 4 door.

·
Fat Free
559 Posts
what was the crappy suspension on the EK9?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Some POS Bridgestone Potenza struts with Spoon lowering springs. Shit was valved for a bus. It'd skip over bumps like a rock across a pond. That and the whole car was a rust bucket POS. Made me hate everything about it, because there wasn't much to love.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Well this sucks ass. I hate when getting what you want fucks you over. Right now it's looking like I just sold myself out of ITR ownership. Getting a DB8 from mainland and in my name is gonna cost around $9k and that's for a '96 spec. Not willing to spend that much. Also, looked at that EK9. Clean, and then I opened the hatch. Starting to rot at the roof. No thanks, and certainly not for what he wanted.

Update: friend was able to talk the price down on a 1996 DB8, so I'll be getting that.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
It's got some Teins on it, but I aint gonna touch shit on it. Too much shit to do, and not enough money to do it. I'm just gonna drive it as is for like a year so my savings account can recover. Also, I'm gonna be focusing on trying to get some IT certs so I can get me a better paying job.

·
3,310 Posts
Looking for some advice regarding brakes. I've been using stock calipers with Carbotech pads. 2-3 years ago I started having problems with seizing/ leaking. I started replacing them with Nissin OE replacements from Autozone or wherever and just continually replacing them as they tore/seized/leaked. I'm sick of doing this and it's a safety concern.

This season I need something to change. All 4 calipers are currently leaking on the track. Piston seals mainly. So I plan to replace them all. That being said I would like input on my options going forward.

-Currently Stoptech has their "touring" kit on sale for $650. I've read this kit is bling factor only. But if it is relatively equivalent to stock this seems like a no brainer for front calipers and rotors.

-OEM new if I can even find them. Probably insanely expensive also.

- DC5 Brembo, are there any left in decent condition?

-TL Type S fronts

-AP Racing/others

Those options still don't do anything for my rears however. And honestly I don't think my rears have been doing much the last few years anyways. I have had the same XP-8 pads on the rear for 3 seasons and have gone through like 8 sets of XP-10 on the front in the same amount of time.

If I had my choice I would like new OEM calipers for a decent price and keep running my choice of pads/rotors/fluid. But when money comes into play if that winds up being the same price as some of these other options would I be better off going with something else instead then?

·
Fat Free
559 Posts
Looking for some advice regarding brakes. I've been using stock calipers with Carbotech pads. 2-3 years ago I started having problems with seizing/ leaking. I started replacing them with Nissin OE replacements from Autozone or wherever and just continually replacing them as they tore/seized/leaked. I'm sick of doing this and it's a safety concern.

This season I need something to change. All 4 calipers are currently leaking on the track. Piston seals mainly. So I plan to replace them all. That being said I would like input on my options going forward.

-Currently Stoptech has their "touring" kit on sale for $650. I've read this kit is bling factor only. But if it is relatively equivalent to stock this seems like a no brainer for front calipers and rotors.

-TL Type S fronts

-AP Racing/others

Those options still don't do anything for my rears however. And honestly I don't think my rears have been doing much the last few years anyways. I have had the same XP-8 pads on the rear for 3 seasons and have gone through like 8 sets of XP-10 on the front in the same amount of time.

If I had my choice I would like new OEM calipers for a decent price and keep running my choice of pads/rotors/fluid. But when money comes into play if that winds up being the same price as some of these other options would I be better off going with something else instead then?
http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/ID/4490/Project-EP3-Civic-Si-Improving-the-Brakes-with-Fastbrakes-Stoptech-and-Willwood.aspx

·
Registered
813 Posts

-TL Type S fronts

-AP Racing/others

I was in your exact position during the 2016 season. For 2017, I went with the TL Type-S Brembos. 1 set of pads now pretty much lasts me the whole season.

If I were to do it again, I would like to try out the Fastbrakes Wilwood kit: http://www.fastbrakes.com/product_p/2002 rsx 13slh5b.htm

It's truly slim pickings for BBKs for our cars.

·
3,310 Posts
I was in your exact position during the 2016 season. For 2017, I went with the TL Type-S Brembos. 1 set of pads now pretty much lasts me the whole season.

If I were to do it again, I would like to try out the Fastbrakes Wilwood kit: http://www.fastbrakes.com/product_p/2002 rsx 13slh5b.htm

It's truly slim pickings for BBKs for our cars.
It sounds like the TL Type S Brembos are working out for you. Why would you do it differently if you had another chance? Something about them you don't like?

The stoptech package is off the table and I'm back at square one now. I called to order them last night and they pulled a bait and switch and raised the price up to $995 so I walked.

·
Registered
813 Posts
It sounds like the TL Type S Brembos are working out for you. Why would you do it differently if you had another chance? Something about them you don't like?

The stoptech package is off the table and I'm back at square one now. I called to order them last night and they pulled a bait and switch and raised the price up to $995 so I walked.
I had to modify the brake fluid passage as the TL-S mounts the caliper in the front, I already had to rebuild one caliper as a piston was sticking, and I'm not sure how I feel about 5mm being milled off of the caliper to make it a bolt on solution. Just feel that jeopardizes the integrity of the caliper with the amount of abuse I am giving it. It's still an OE caliper and 1 piece rotor vs a motorsports caliper on a 2 piece rotor.

The ideal BBK imo would be the Stoptech ST-40 kit however, it has been reported to make contact with some suspension component during turns, iirc.

·
Fat Free
559 Posts

in addition to what Copafeel said, there's also the fact that the pistons in the calipers are better sized for the car its going rather than taking a caliper designed for TL's weight distribution and rear brakes. and the bigger one is rotors, rotors is ultimately what makes the difference in cooling. you wanna look for a thick rotor with curved vane design. I know fastbrakes has lots of option, if you go that route I'd call them and talk to them about it before ordering just to make sure you get what you're looking for. Make sure to specify a rotor with curved vanes

The ideal BBK imo would be the Stoptech ST-40 kit however, it has been reported to make contact with some suspension component during turns, iirc.
stoptech is releasing a new caliper (their answer to the AP RadiCAL) right now thats generally coupled with a smaller diameter rotor, so it might fix the rsx issue... thats if they make a kit for the RSX

·
Registered
813 Posts
in addition to what Copafeel said, there's also the fact that the pistons in the calipers are better sized for the car its going rather than taking a caliper designed for TL's weight distribution and rear brakes. and the bigger one is rotors, rotors is ultimately what makes the difference in cooling. you wanna look for a thick rotor with curved vane design. I know fastbrakes has lots of option, if you go that route I'd call them and talk to them about it before ordering just to make sure you get what you're looking for. Make sure to specify a rotor with curved vanes

stoptech is releasing a new caliper (their answer to the AP RadiCAL) right now thats generally coupled with a smaller diameter rotor, so it might fix the rsx issue... thats if they make a kit for the RSX
I have my doubts about anything new coming out for the DC5 platform :(

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Yay. My car is apparently on island. Friend said he seen a DB8 with RPF1s going by on a flat bed while he was out bike riding. Hopefully I'll have it sometime next week or the end of this week cause it was more than likely heading to the shop to get inspected and have the registration done.

Got a PCI sliding seat rail and B2 Audio speakers for it in the mail right now. Blaupunkt Toronto 440 head unit sitting in my rom waiting to get installed. Next month I'll buy tires, pads, and rotors for it.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Newp. Actually at the point of stealing my car back. Dude has had my car for two weeks now and has accomplished fuck all. I love being carless because of some incompetent dickbag. Jibaiseki is the mandatory insurance required to drive a car on public roads in Japan. Dude waited two weeks to tell me he doesn't have the office to do that. Really dude? You wait two weeks to tell me you can't do something mandatory for registering the car? Shakoshomei is the police letter verifying you have a parking space for the car so it's not being parked over night in the street. Another thing required for registration and it's good for one month. Mine is going to expire next week. It takes one week to get that letter. I should just get a lawyer and sue this dipshit as this dude has done far more than simply inconvenience me.

Apparently now there's something wrong with the ABS, and dude swears I'll have the car no later than Saturday. We'll see.

·
Fat Free
559 Posts
damn... sounds like a nightmare...

381 - 400 of 650 Posts