Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

461 - 480 of 652 Posts

·
Fat Free
559 Posts
Yeah. Fronts were actually the cheaper ones. I'll post up a pic in a day or two assuming I don't forget. Currently at some stupid fireworks festival.
are the rears vented on the Type R? any particular reason they're so expensive or just cause they can?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
They're the exact same as the RSX rears but the rotor hat is extended cause of the hub offset difference. They're just stupid expensive cause Japan. Denso primary o2 sensor on American Amazon? $93.xx with free shipping. Same o2 sensor on JDM Amazon is 50,000 yen plus shipping.

Here's those pictures. Works better for me cause I'm using the PCI slider rail. And despite having rotated the pictures, they're unrotating in the preview. Sorry if you have to turn your head at odd angles.
20180731_131722_1533014250532.jpg
20180731_131736_1533014396415.jpg
20180731_132159_1533014453090.jpg

·
Fat Free
559 Posts
They're the exact same as the RSX rears but the rotor hat is extended cause of the hub offset difference. They're just stupid expensive cause Japan. Denso primary o2 sensor on American Amazon? $93.xx with free shipping. Same o2 sensor on JDM Amazon is 50,000 yen plus shipping.

Here's those pictures. Works better for me cause I'm using the PCI slider rail. And despite having rotated the pictures, they're unrotating in the preview. Sorry if you have to turn your head at odd angles.
View attachment 546621
View attachment 546623
View attachment 546625
thats pretty similar to how mine sits actually... maybe an inch further out...

·
Registered
814 Posts
Haha, thanks! Driving the balls off her is the only way

What do you mean by soft? Cause it's really not... it has 12k/7k springs, taking motion ratios into account it comes out to about 9.36/6.09 wheel rate. I guess that is a bit on the soft side compared to your RSX, idk what the spring rates on your sti are, but being a race car I imagine they're pretty high... I guess I wanted to keep some semblance of comfort on the street, it's not working very well though, haha. Also this track is kinda bumpy and very humpy, and the camera is my phone on a windshield suction cup mount, so there's prolly a bit more motion transmitted than the car actually has

There's a good chance I'll be switching to MCS shocks over the winter, but I'll be staying with similar spring rates... but thinking about bringing the spread a bit closer. Haven't decided if it'll be the softer in front or stiffer in rear route. Kinda leaning towards softer in the front and make up the difference with a sway bar, then I'll have more confidence hauling ass on bumpy back roads :vtec: (but no vtec... I wish)

Anyway, that's my 37 dollar reply to a 2 cent comment... haha
I had a student in a NC with MCS 1-way and I was impressed with how nice it felt absorbing everything on track. That shock is money (both figuratively and literally).

·
Fat Free
559 Posts
I had a student in a NC with MCS 1-way and I was impressed with how nice it felt absorbing everything on track. That shock is money (both figuratively and literally).
I mean yeah, but really only 2-300 more than I spent on my Ohlins setup, and they're more than 2-300 better...

·
Fat Free
559 Posts
Car is quite bouncy here. Its a bumpy track. Car went alot faster though then last time at AutoBahn

https://youtu.be/fwXAU0dNUqA
those humps seam similar to the humps at turn 9 at pacific raceways... wide smoothish humps that aren't all that smooth once you're going fast enough, I don't think there's much suspension can do there, even with oem soft springs...

or am I seeing that completely wrong and its bouncing off the curb that much?

ps. I also approve of your drive the balls off her method

·
Green Bastard.
2,749 Posts
those humps seam similar to the humps at turn 9 at pacific raceways... wide smoothish humps that aren't all that smooth once you're going fast enough, I don't think there's much suspension can do there, even with oem soft springs...

or am I seeing that completely wrong and its bouncing off the curb that much?

ps. I also approve of your drive the balls off her method
Thats mostly all curbing. Except for the beginning of video thats from my dampers being too soft. Also its just a bit of a bumpy track in some spots. High end shocks can absorb the bumps here a lot better.

Thanks bud gotta just send it

·
Fat Free
559 Posts
I'm back in the K family, this time with a nerfed K24 (the single pipe header thing)

its a 2014 with 51k on the clock, it does have a rebuilt title but I got it for just 9k

so far the only plans are to the the K-Tuned clutch master and slave and prolly shifter bushings... maybe full shifter cables from Hybrid Racing...  the stock master is kinda known to leak and its kind of a weird design that makes the clutch kinda mushy and the slave cylinder has a restrictor in it which further amplify's that.  the way it is now, its overly notchy unless the clutch pedal is fully on the floor... when I bought the car I was honestly thinking it'll need a new trans, but this is a good surprise after some research.

maybe swaybars down the road since they don't effect ride quality. although offsets are really close to my Miata, so I'll be able to put my Miata wheel/tire setup on the car with a small spacer and do a couple track days a year...

also plan on getting an intake for it pretty soon, cause the engine is nearly silent... I'm not used to driving manual cars with an engine that quiet... full exhaust somewhere waaay down the road... suprisingly its stupid one pipe header gains a decent amount of top end when upgraded... and the Full-Race 3" exhaust sounds amazing! 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj_mGAYoCtQ

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Sorry man, but gross. Not really a fan of Hondas newer than the 8th gen Civic.

In other news, my back is fucked. Binge watched the new Orange Is The New Black season and had terrible back pain. Figured it was from laying on my side for like 13 hours. Waited a few days then ran 5 miles because I like running. Back started hurting again, waited a few days then ran 5 miles. Been repeating that cycle since the end of last month. Ran 5 miles last Friday and on Monday my back pain was so bad that I couldn't even drive. Got an MRI and an x-ray on Wednesday, and come to find out that I have a desiccated disc that is herniated. I'm currently in so much pain that you'd think I'd gone goth; and honestly, I really want to go for a run right now.

·
Fat Free
559 Posts
I'm not a huge fan in the looks department either... and the touch screen volume slider is the worst... but it has a much improved front suspension design from the RSX moving the steering arm off the strut on onto the knuckle... and biggest factor for me is its newish and reliable and I got a great deal on it. this is my daily, miata is staying my track car, so it'll work.

sucks to hear about your back, that sounds horrible... so do you need surgery to correct that?

on the other hand I'm enjoying the new OITNB season too, haha

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Considering like everything needs to be replaced on this DB8, I'm totally down with new and reliable. Speaking of which, I currently hate driving so much that I want to set this DB8 on fire.

No clue what's gonna happen with my back, but I'm going to set up an appointment with a doctor and find out what my options are because I have no desire to wait and find out if my body decides to suck the disc back into my spine.

·
Fat Free
559 Posts
thats how I feel about my bmw right now... hence the new purchase...

good luck with the back...

·
Registered
246 Posts
maybe swaybars down the road since they don't effect ride quality. although offsets are really close to my Miata, so I'll be able to put my Miata wheel/tire setup on the car with a small spacer and do a couple track days a year...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj_mGAYoCtQ
Warmmilk, bring that Si to the track with me on Sept 22. I need a track buddy. But I'm a noob and never been to RMP.

·
Fat Free
559 Posts
Warmmilk, bring that Si to the track with me on Sept 22. I need a track buddy. But I'm a noob and never been to RMP.
who's hosting the track day? I'll more likely come in the miata, I have some shifting issues to figure out in the Si.. that and nobody makes track pads for it for some stupid reason...

461 - 480 of 652 Posts