Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

501 - 520 of 650 Posts

·
El Barto
2,630 Posts
Ok, I'm considering not even lowering the car anymore since I don't have either of those yet. Thoughts?

Hope you don't mind me asking so much. If we ever cross paths I owe you a beer for sure.
If you’re on Instagram follow me at _Ego_Death you can get a faster response to your questions.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
just sold my rsx this past weekend for a house. Down the line I want to get back into a track car but considering 3 options, maybe 4 if my pockets are deep enough. DC2 teggy with hopefully a k20 swap, another DC5, or a s2k, and the MAYBE Civic type R. Whats your pick and why. Although my heart kinda wants to stick with a dc5
EK with a K swap if it's a track car. EK unibody is much better designed than the EG/DC, and it handles better due to having a longer wheel base. Also less weight. American Integras are heavy.

·
Fat Free
559 Posts
EK with a K swap if it's a track car. EK unibody is much better designed than the EG/DC, and it handles better due to having a longer wheel base. Also less weight. American Integras are heavy.
whats so much better about the EK over the EG/DC? and once both stripped out, I don't think an integra is all that much heavier than an EK... maybe 100lb?

·
Waifu Deluxe
693 Posts
So I'm currently at 25.5" front and 26" rear. (Ground to fender) Looks like my tie rods are still a bit off.

I have the factory tie rod ends and no RCAs. If what I'm reading is correct stock height is 15" which puts my car at 13.5" front and 14" rear (subtracting 12" from ground to wheel center from the original numbers)

I was thinking about raising it .5" in the front to be within 1" drop from factory. Does all this math and thought check out with everyone or am I over thinking it?

Also if I measure the dimension on the coilover itself to say the .5" does that equal .5" in ride height? Or do I need to put the wheel back on and let the car settle, measure it from wheel to fender, then take it off again and readjust to get it right?

·
Fat Free
559 Posts
It was explained in my post =P EK has a longer wheelbase and has that quad frame rail unibody that the DC5 has.
haha... my bad... I'll blame that on posting too early in the morning, as you can see it was 11:40...

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
what kind of tie rod ends and tie rods can you guy recommend that will give me enough toe adjustment? They'll be paired with my bc coils with swift springs

·
Fat Free
559 Posts
so who's doing what to their cars over the winter? anyone get one of those 4Pistons K25's yet?

I'm doing nothing to my car, its just sitting there with a dead battery

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I got divorced. Heading back to Arizona. The DB8 gonna stay with my friend until 2021. Finally got my hands on a F20C crank. Gonna build me a K19 while I wait for the Integra to turn 25. Think I'm gonna get me an FK8 as a DD once I get settled in.

·
Fat Free
559 Posts
sorry about the divorce... how high is the K19 gonna rev?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
It was my choice, so no need to be sorry. I just couldn't do it anymore. Telling her I wanted a divorce was the hardest thing I've ever done, but I have been severely depressed and plagued with thoughts of suicide these past 4 years. It needed to end. The planned set up for the K19 will be 11:1 compression (not having to be picky with the shitty 91 octane pump gas is the goal), stock cams, EnDyn Canoda head, ITBs, 9500 rev limit. Not looking to make any power with the set up. Just want a K engine that will mirror a B16B. It'll still have way more power and torque than the B18C in my car, and don't need much to move a car with a factory curb weight of 2420.

·
Fat Free
559 Posts
well I'm glad you got out of that then!

that sounds like its gonna make an awesome engine... which stock cams? DC5R?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Either ITR or the TSX cams. Well, I'm in Tucson now after almost 4 days spent traveling due to JAL sucking ass. This kinda sucks. 33 years old and living with my mom again. That and this jet lag is killing me.

501 - 520 of 650 Posts