Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

641 - 650 of 650 Posts

·
Spooning on you!
6,238 Posts
anyone have this issue. so frustrating. coming out of a fast turn, the car jolts. kinda like when you first learn manual the car jolts. it only happens when i'm coming out from a high speed turn. i stiffened the suspension towards hard and minimized it quite a bit but still there. i'm guessing its the shocks on the FA coilovers?

car has 17x8 +25 with 225/45 hankook rs3.

the car has a quaife lsd with rtf fluid

car as the following suspension mods.

Fortune auto 500 coilovers with swift springs and 10/14 spring rates
Spoon sports rigid collar kit front
Spoon sports rigid collar kit rear
Spoon sports strut tower bar, front
Spoon sports lower arm bar, front
Function7 lca's
Function7 subframe brace with bigger brackets
King motorsports control arm adapters
PCI racing front lower control arm spherical bearings
Dc5r control arms
Dc5r b-pillar aluminum floor bar
Dc5r front sway bar
Progress rear sway bar

·
Registered
144 Posts
anyone have this issue. so frustrating. coming out of a fast turn, the car jolts. kinda like when you first learn manual the car jolts. it only happens when i'm coming out from a high speed turn. i stiffened the suspension towards hard and minimized it quite a bit but still there. i'm guessing its the shocks on the FA coilovers?
iSpoon, I don’t experience any jolting at high speed turns and I’m not sure what it could be. My Progress coilovers have super soft pre-dampening though.
Maybe bad motor mounts? Wheel bearing? I believe WarmMilk experienced his FA coils causing a hopping effect while in high speed corners and he had to send them back for revalving.

·
Spooning on you!
6,238 Posts
motor mounts are brand new, hardrace. just put them in about 8-9 months or so. ill wait for warmmilks response.

unfortunately FA wont service the coilovers anymore since they don't service the dc5 anymore. i asked them if i could upgrade them to 510 and different rates and they wont.

·
Fat Free
559 Posts
iSpoon, I don’t experience any jolting at high speed turns and I’m not sure what it could be. My Progress coilovers have super soft pre-dampening though.
Maybe bad motor mounts? Wheel bearing? I believe WarmMilk experienced his FA coils causing a hopping effect while in high speed corners and he had to send them back for revalving.
motor mounts are brand new, hardrace. just put them in about 8-9 months or so. ill wait for warmmilks response.

unfortunately FA wont service the coilovers anymore since they don't service the dc5 anymore. i asked them if i could upgrade them to 510 and different rates and they wont.
the kinda hopping I experienced doesn't sound like what you're describing... all of mine was in reaction to what the car was driving over, you're saying yours happens when accelerating out of a corner, on presumably a smooth track? to me that sounds like something is binding up in the suspension... or maybe something with the engine since you're saying its like someone learning to drive a manual... does this happen every single time or is it on and off? is it possible it only happens when you're relatively low on fuel and its fuel starvation?

·
Fat Free
559 Posts
yeah I never had anything like that... its definitely not fuel starvation...

my guess would be binding. maybe a steering issue? either the rack itself or the rack bushings? are all of your front suspension bushings the PCI sphrical or are some still rubber? maybe the zero compliance mixed with soft stock compliance aren't playing nice together?

all guesses tho...

·
Fat Free
559 Posts
641 - 650 of 650 Posts