Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

121 - 140 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
lol yeah I knowI've dropped so much $$ intothis thing and it's all just sitting next to it waiting to get installed, I bought the stage 2gt kit with the intent to road course it, if that is a little big for auto x I might get a gt28r and just retune then swap the turbo depending on where I'm going.......now if I only had the seat time that some of you other people had I would be in a lot better spot. So are you going to boost this k24a2 you have going in, that's a lot of to
haha yea.. i wish.. i had to borrow money from the parents just to get my car running again. I'm in debt, no money to do anything else.

Although I do want to buy the 75A innovative mounts... :laughing:

·
Autox/Track whore?
4,123 Posts
lol yeah I knowI've dropped so much $$ intothis thing and it's all just sitting next to it waiting to get installed, I bought the stage 2gt kit with the intent to road course it, if that is a little big for auto x I might get a gt28r and just retune then swap the turbo depending on where I'm going.......now if I only had the seat time that some of you other people had I would be in a lot better spot. So are you going to boost this k24a2 you have going in, that's a lot of to
You don't think you'll have traction prolbems with a stage 2GT kit even on a road course?

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts
traction problems are on my mind, I am going to be running a 4.05 fd with an LSD a good boost by gear and I'm not really sure about the tires yet.....I think I am going to get some 17x7.5 wheels but I really don't know a lot about wheels so if you guys have anything to tell me please do.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
traction problems are on my mind, I am going to be running a 4.05 fd with an LSD a good boost by gear and I'm not really sure about the tires yet.....I think I am going to get some 17x7.5 wheels but I really don't know a lot about wheels so if you guys have anything to tell me please do.
^ as wide as possible. Go 8 or 8.5 at least.
Yes..

·
Opakracing
4,765 Posts
man this thread is just as active, as that Misty bouncing off the rev limiter, thread.

I get like 10 e-mails from this post everyday,

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts
OT is ok by me, thanks for the info guys
one more thing to ad, would it help the car to rotate if there are thinner tires on the rear or am I thinking about this in the wrong way?

·
ex-rsxer
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
OT is ok by me, thanks for the info guys
one more thing to ad, would it help the car to rotate if there are thinner tires on the rear or am I thinking about this in the wrong way?
yes it would, but why wouldn't you put wider tires on the front instead? You'd be accomplishing the same balance but you'd have more overall grip :)

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
how so? hm i'll talk to my friend about them. muauahah mad hookup

·
Registered
11,669 Posts
the billet mounts are fine on fitment. the front mount's weld was off by 5 millimeters. i had to crowbar / file / pull the mount to the side to get it to fit.

it's a known problem for innovative. rudy/oudated ended up filing the subframe to get his to fit.

·
Registered
11,669 Posts
i don't know who the hell was welding those things but it's really obvious the welds are off (the way it's centered). you don't even need to put it on the tranny and you can the welds are off.

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
thanks then, i will let them know that. where exactly is it off?

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts
yes it would, but why wouldn't you put wider tires on the front instead? You'd be accomplishing the same balance but you'd have more overall grip :)[/QUOT

yes what I'm saying is if I went with 8/8.5 in the front is it worth to use 7.5 in the back? I take it yes.

·
Registered
11,669 Posts

the mount to the right.

you see the left arm on the mount to the right.

see how it has that ring welded to it?

that ring is hella off. my ring wasn't even centered on the arm.

when i pulled/crowbar'ed it into place, it "twisted" the mount so the poly insert looks like it's popping out. normally, i'd pull it out and talk to the manufacturer but i was workign on my car for 2 days and i just wanted it running.

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
k i'll let him know guys. the ring is the only problem correct?
and eric thats a pic of the rear mount you're referring to, not the front mount

·
Registered
11,669 Posts
errr, maybe i got the wrong ring. it might be the middle mount's right arm's bottom ring.

it's one of those f'ing welded rings.

yah, sorry, i think i got it mixed up. i think it's the middle mount's right arm's bottom ring.

it's been a year since i looked at it.

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
whoops i got it wrong too. corrected. either way i'll have my friend look at it (he's the one who did the welding) and probably buy some real soon.

121 - 140 of 169 Posts