Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

141 - 160 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
11,669 Posts
the billet mounts fit perfect, probably because it's just CNC'ed alum, opposed to welded mounts.

unfortunately, they don't offer the front mount in billet so... *shrugs*

·
fucks.given =< 0;
3,773 Posts
I'm another victim of not having a baffled oil pan, ask Jc he was there :(

Lesson learned kiddies! If your gonna push your car hard around corners take any means necessary to prevent a blown engine! Id rather pay $400 for a oil pan then a new engine. :p

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
which "type" of baffled pan would work better?
the ones with a huge opening (like the Tracy pan or the Toda pan), or the the ones with a smaller opening (like the J's pan or Spoon pan?

·
Autox/Track whore?
4,123 Posts
I'm another victim of not having a baffled oil pan, ask Jc he was there :(

Lesson learned kiddies! If your gonna push your car hard around corners take any means necessary to prevent a blown engine! Id rather pay $400 for a oil pan then a new engine. :p
Sorry to hear that! Details please...:)

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
which "type" of baffled pan would work better?
the ones with a huge opening (like the Tracy pan or the Toda pan), or the the ones with a smaller opening (like the J's pan or Spoon pan?
I'm assuming smaller opening. It looks like those larger baffles will help prevent the oil from sloshing around more and keeping it around the pump pick-up.

·
fucks.given =< 0;
3,773 Posts
I read somewhere about early 02's and a oil passage on the right side of the head that can cause a problem. Which in my case may have been it.
The oil pump gear broke off completely from the pump. Possible cause due to lack of prime? (air in the system)... over works the gear and snaps it...
Results were sub 150 compression across the board including 0 on no.4

·
Autox/Track whore?
4,123 Posts
I read somewhere about early 02's and a oil passage on the right side of the head that can cause a problem. Which in my case may have been it.
The oil pump gear broke off completely from the pump. Possible cause due to lack of prime? (air in the system)... over works the gear and snaps it...
Results were sub 150 compression across the board including 0 on no.4
Hmm...I know zeroryde had an 02 and he also had oil pump failure causing him to go into limp mode. I'm sure if he sees this post, he'll chime in with the details.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Now this is a baffle

That's similar in design to my Hytech baffle although much more rugged and sexy. I hope they used loctite on all the screws, I wouldn't want lose screws sucked into the pump.:noes:

·
K24 &amp;gt; K20
4,605 Posts
what happens if the door "floats" up? or gets stuck
the doors swing around as the oil swirls around (remeber everything is completely submerged in oil), and shuts as oil passes around the door and through the opening, then the g-forces in a turn keep the oil pressed up against the door holding it shut.

Its highly unlikely the doors would get stuck, for one the entire assembly is submerged in friction reducing oil lol.

141 - 160 of 169 Posts