Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
eternal blue pearl owner
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trade in for????

my Base RSX will prolly get me about 16,000 for trade in

keeping the price values in mind.... i will have to finance anything more than 16.... what should i get

--VW R32
--RSX type S(i love my RSX base, its just not fast enough for its great looks)
--Mini S
--or anyother suggestions....350Z or something

i don't mind having to finance but it jsut means that i'll be paying off like 300-400 a month for liek 5 years.And at the age of 19.... i think i can do it but i got a lot of schoolin.

But yea any ideas of what you would do?

·
eternal blue pearl owner
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well the car is in my mom's name cuz she paid for 15 grand of it. Shes gonna help me credit whatever i get next, but i'm gonna pay for it all. So i dunno.

I'm thinkin a type S, just cuz by the time i pay off a 30,000 + car i'll want something else, and a Type S i can prolly pay off by the end of summer with my job.

So far, i'm thinkin to go for the Type S. o and BTW, i hate the looks of the WRX, sure they are fast but four door and the gen looks are not appealin to me at all. So i'm gonna say no on that or the STI, great car, just not floatin my boat.

anyways. do you think i'm gonna like the Type S a lot more than the Base? i mean i still gotta learn stick so i dunno when.... lush i can't go out and test drive one right now. I'm prolly jsut ognna get some one to rent a stick car and then i'll learn.

PS - yea i'm 19 and i don't know how to drive stick. i come from a family that believes they invented Automatics for a reason, so they wouldn't let me get a stick. But yea, i can't go test drive these cars for a while, but i wanna know what other peoplke would think about them

·
eternal blue pearl owner
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats what i wanted to hear hahahaha!

·
Registered
236 Posts
YoungBlood said:
--VW R32
--RSX type S(i love my RSX base, its just not fast enough for its great looks)
--Mini S
--or anyother suggestions....350Z or something
the R32 is over priced for the power your getting. so unless you just have to have it I would pass. I used to own a gti 1.8t very nice car great power for the price.

I like the 350Z a little futuristic in the styling but it's got good power. It's what I would look at if I was buying a new car.

the RX8 looks good but:
-HP is lower than originally stated
- bad gas milage

and i really don't like the looks of the evo or wrx.

I love the honda but they are getting there asses kicked in the HP and TQ depts. for similiarly priced cars

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
YoungBlood said:
well the car is in my mom's name cuz she paid for 15 grand of it. Shes gonna help me credit whatever i get next, but i'm gonna pay for it all. So i dunno.

I'm thinkin a type S, just cuz by the time i pay off a 30,000 + car i'll want something else, and a Type S i can prolly pay off by the end of summer with my job.

So far, i'm thinkin to go for the Type S. o and BTW, i hate the looks of the WRX, sure they are fast but four door and the gen looks are not appealin to me at all. So i'm gonna say no on that or the STI, great car, just not floatin my boat.

anyways. do you think i'm gonna like the Type S a lot more than the Base? i mean i still gotta learn stick so i dunno when.... lush i can't go out and test drive one right now. I'm prolly jsut ognna get some one to rent a stick car and then i'll learn.

PS - yea i'm 19 and i don't know how to drive stick. i come from a family that believes they invented Automatics for a reason, so they wouldn't let me get a stick. But yea, i can't go test drive these cars for a while, but i wanna know what other peoplke would think about them
Your previous name is jimmerjammer isnt it? Didnt like the results from your last thread :dontknow: It's still at the top. Anybody else think they are the same people?

·
Registered
746 Posts
if you don't know how to drive, then don't get a type S...

if you do, you'll be posting how you blew your motor and Acura won't pay for it...Go buy a 1983 honda accord 5 speed and learn for a while...then buy a real car, not an RSX though

·
16,924 Posts
odie3283 said:
if you don't know how to drive, then don't get a type S...

if you do, you'll be posting how you blew your motor and Acura won't pay for it...Go buy a 1983 honda accord 5 speed and learn for a while...then buy a real car, not an RSX though
Yeah, i'd practice on a beater (or the Mini:spin::D) and then get a car like the Type S. Or a TSX. That's got some performance (not as fast as the RSX), has potential (with I/H/E springs and racing rims) and it comes in the 5SPD SportShift.

·
eternal blue pearl owner
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea, i don't know how to drive stick, merely cuz i havn't had anything to practice on.... I bet i would catch on pretty fast cuz i love cars. Its just i need to get a rental or some trash car to practice on. I really don't think it would be a problem to leanr stick. MOURONS can learn with in a few days. i'm sure i could catch on rather quick ;)

But yea, now i'm startin to think.... i deff see how the R32 is over priced, i mean i could sprin an extra 4 grand for a G35 and get like 280 outta it, and GREAT looks. No 30,000 is were cars merge from nice imports to lower rung luxury cars. comparison:

STI or G35coupe(give or take some $$)
R32 or 350Z

as you could prolly tell, i went car shoppin over the weekend and it just kinda hit me that i can shell out a few more grand to get a much better lookin/preformin car and it would be better for biZ and professional looks, not jsut speed

i'm really torn now, its like i can get a Type S and have it paid off in one summer, or i can hold out a year and get a G35 coupe or somethign and have that paid off relatively easily, or wait two years and pretty much pay cash for a G35..... all meaning i would have to keep a hold of my RSX base til the end of warrantee pretty much.

Doesn't sound hard, cuz the RSX is a great car. But like most guys, i love cars in gen and when i see something, i try to make a way so i can have it. haha, maybe i'm still too young to get a car nicer than an RSX.... perhaps in most of your eyes, i'm already too young to have an RSX(19 yrs old).

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
YoungBlood said:
Yea, i don't know how to drive stick, merely cuz i havn't had anything to practice on.... I bet i would catch on pretty fast cuz i love cars. Its just i need to get a rental or some trash car to practice on. I really don't think it would be a problem to leanr stick. MOURONS can learn with in a few days. i'm sure i could catch on rather quick ;)

But yea, now i'm startin to think.... i deff see how the R32 is over priced, i mean i could sprin an extra 4 grand for a G35 and get like 280 outta it, and GREAT looks. No 30,000 is were cars merge from nice imports to lower rung luxury cars. comparison:

STI or G35coupe(give or take some $$)
R32 or 350Z

as you could prolly tell, i went car shoppin over the weekend and it just kinda hit me that i can shell out a few more grand to get a much better lookin/preformin car and it would be better for biZ and professional looks, not jsut speed

i'm really torn now, its like i can get a Type S and have it paid off in one summer, or i can hold out a year and get a G35 coupe or somethign and have that paid off relatively easily, or wait two years and pretty much pay cash for a G35..... all meaning i would have to keep a hold of my RSX base til the end of warrantee pretty much.

Doesn't sound hard, cuz the RSX is a great car. But like most guys, i love cars in gen and when i see something, i try to make a way so i can have it. haha, maybe i'm still too young to get a car nicer than an RSX.... perhaps in most of your eyes, i'm already too young to have an RSX(19 yrs old).
I would love to see your insurance rates at 19 with a G35 or an STi :nervous:

·
eternal blue pearl owner
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
my record ain't bad, no accidents so far. a couple lame tickets but nothing big. I'm pretty sure i could handle it! :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
i'd suggest an srt. i like them, and it'd seem to fit nicely in ur price range. if u're not into that, perhaps an rx-8, tho it does have some issues being a not-so-conventional car and powertrain. an evo's another good choice out there. i don't think the type s would be enough of a step up to be worth the cost, but that's just my opinion.

btw, do u go to school or work around here? saddleback or soka perhaps? there are a couple ebp rsx's i've seen around here, but none with a wings west spoiler. then again, i'm not in laguna niguel all that often, i guess

·
eternal blue pearl owner
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yea i about the SRT or RX-8.... personal opinion, i think both look ugly. and maybe your right about not noticing a difference. Maybe i should just hang on to the base for another year so i can pull out the warranty a lil more and not worry so much about the trade in value.

o and yea i do go to saddleback....17 units of it currently :nervous:
yea i havn't seen too many impressive RSX's and if they have anything, its some crappy rims and a Type R wing. You would certainly see mine and know. its the only one i have ever seen with that wings west spoiler.... and as of next week its goin to be a different wings west spoiler.... the type R one..... but i yea have a whole other thread about that in the exterior section of the forum.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.